October 2011 Moms
Options

UO and JD

2»

Re: UO and JD

• Options
    I live in the PNW. I wear flip flips year round.

11,000 feet up....snow.....note the flip flops.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    imagepennysuedog:
    Hey, I where flip flops in February.nbsp; Not to the store/work but to get the mail, why not.nbsp; If there is no snow on the ground then I where them everywhere.My UO is that when benefits are given for a family because, of a death, sickness, tragedy and so on.nbsp; The money should be spent on paying for treatment, funeral, living expenses, counseling and so forth.nbsp; Not just extras cahs to go have fun with.nbsp; I can see if someone is terminally ill this being an exception.I know many of these fundraisers are legit but...nbsp; In the last 2 years there have been 2 benefits for families that I know.nbsp; The proceeds went for a down payment for a new house, and the other a vacation.nbsp;Musicnbsp; Both had cancer and treatment went smoother than thought and they did not need the money.nbsp; If you have left over money, or do not need the money, why not donate it and help someone else out in the same situation.nbsp; It makes me second guess contributing to these. nbsp;This came up today because a friend at work is close someone who just lost a baby at birth and they are having a benefit.nbsp; I asked "If they needed help paying for the funeral expenses"nbsp; My friend said "no that her family was loaded they might buy a new car with the money."nbsp; WTF.nbsp; I really, really amnbsp; sorry that your child died.nbsp; It was very tragic.nbsp; I just do not understand if you are financially secure or "loaded" why you would do a benefit/fundraiser, unless the proceeds are going to charity.nbsp; Am I wrong? nbsp; I don't think having a new car will make you feel any better.

You are not the only one. I agree. I have a friend that was accepting donations for items for a garage sale. Money received, was going towards adoption fees. Fine, whatever. But when a week later this same person turns around and buys a 3,000 dollar item she "wants"....why should I donate my items to her garage sale?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRichard Slap:

I don't really feel like makeup is optional in a professional environment. Not necessarily a full drag face, but at least mascara and chapstick. If you wouldn't feel comfortable going braless, why are you comfortable presenting your bare face in all its glory? 

Not while I'm in the lab. There's no way to be "polished" or "cute" when you're surrounded with worm goo and chemicals. 

Though perhaps the mascara would make my eyes "pop" beneath my safety goggles or UV safe face shield? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageDoctorWorm222:
    imageRichard Slap:

I don't really feel like makeup is optional in a professional environment. Not necessarily a full drag face, but at least mascara and chapstick. If you wouldn't feel comfortable going braless, why are you comfortable presenting your bare face in all its glory? 

Not while I'm in the lab. There's no way to be "polished" or "cute" when you're surrounded with worm goo and chemicals. 

Though perhaps the mascara would make my eyes "pop" beneath my safety goggles or UV safe face shield? 

I always wear makeup in the lab but I must admit that it is pretty worn off or smudged by the time I leave each day.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I am team make up, though I don't think everyone should HAVE to wear it. I do notice when people don't wear it or don't have their hair done when they are otherwise dressed nicely. It just makes the outfit seem incomplete.

I wear make up every day to work and I have to get up at 3 am most days. I do spend most of my day on the loading dock, but I also have shifts as the front end manager. I look young as it is, so I feel like if I don't look put together I don't "look" like a manager to customers. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I am totally judging my co worker who is on maternity leave now. She has always been a party princess type, but I thought she would slow it down now. She went out drinking before her baby was even a week old and also went out the next weekend drinking and on a "girl's weekend" shopping, getting nails done, etc. She posted tons of drunk going out pics. She posted a pic of her baby and someone said that the baby looked just like daddy and she responded by saying that's why she has to dress her in pink, because she looks like a boy. She is not a teen mom, she's in her late 20s. I just can't stop side eyeing her. Maybe I am being too judgey,but she has gone out more often then I have in the past 2 weeks and she has a newborn baby.

• Options
    imageWoodsie:

I think the makeup debate depends on the working environment and what you look like without makeup, to be honest. Some people look fine, some people look sick (like I do). I would never in a million years go to work without makeup, even if I didn't have any client meetings that day.

Yeah, on the rare occasion I over sleep and don't have time for make up I get asked by at least five times if I'm sick or tired.  

• Options
    imagethetheisens:
    imageWoodsie:

I think the makeup debate depends on the working environment and what you look like without makeup, to be honest. Some people look fine, some people look sick (like I do). I would never in a million years go to work without makeup, even if I didn't have any client meetings that day.

Yeah, on the rare occasion I over sleep and don't have time for make up I get asked by at least five times if I'm sick or tired.  

Exactly this for me too! I wish I could wear no makeup and look presentable.
  • Options

imagethetheisens:
    I am totally judging my co worker who is on maternity leave now. She has always been a party princess type, but I thought she would slow it down now. She went out drinking before her baby was even a week old and also went out the next weekend drinking and on a "girl's weekend" shopping, getting nails done, etc. She posted tons of drunk going out pics. She posted a pic of her baby and someone said that the baby looked just like daddy and she responded by saying that's why she has to dress her in pink, because she looks like a boy. She is not a teen mom, she's in her late 20s. I just can't stop side eyeing her. Maybe I am being too judgey,but she has gone out more often then I have in the past 2 weeks and she has a newborn baby.

I've mentioned on here before my friend who decided it was super important to go out drinking a week after her child was born.  Not that it's extremely relevant, but this was also baby number 4 (and 7 between her and her SO).  This woman is actually in her 30's.  I have no issue with parents getting out, because it's necessary for partners to have their time away together.  I cannot fathom leaving my child every single weekend and once a week from one week old and on.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"