2nd Trimester
Options

Movement worries

I've been having lots of movement fore weeks now and the baby usually hangs out on my right side (well, thats where I feel him mostly).  I have not felt a great deal of movement today - usually I can feel it just walking around but today I have to lay still and concentrate to feel anything - he is moving, it just doesn't seem like as much.  Also I think he has moved over to my left side as thats where I'm feeling it.  Has anyone else had a similar experience.  I guess this all sounds a bit paranoid of me!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Movement worries

• Options

It's okay, probably the baby is positioned in a spot where you feel him less. But he is there and he is still moving. :)

If you want him to move to somewhere else you can try to push him, by massaging your belly.

It is to be worried about if you stop feeling him completely (if such happen, call the doctor right away!)

Lilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Drink some orange juice or something sweet and see if he moves around. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is me exactly. He was laying on my right side from the start but switched to the left the other night. It is harder to feel his movements on that side but I still feel them occasionally.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're still early for consistent movement.  The baby is still small enough that if he changes position it can make it a lot harder to feel movement.  (i.e. he rolls so he's facing your back - when they're bigger you'll still feel him but when they're tiny and their limbs are extending toward your back you won't feel them much)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    That's normal. He has lot of room to move around. That's why they don't start kick counts until 28 weeks.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

imagemagdalina.h:
    That's normal. He has lot of room to move around. That's why they don't start kick counts until 28 weeks.

Absolutely. Don't worry about consistent movement yet. Babies have lazy days too.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"