Natural Birth
Options

Switching birthing facility at 36 weeks...

Please tell give me your opinions on this!!! I am a mommy who wants an all natural child birth as well as life style for my son. I will not have any immunizations for him and just want to be supported in this decision I have made for my family. The midwifery isn't giving me the support I need so I found a private practicing midwifery who understands me. I want this first time experience to be one to remember (for the good) and to happen the way God intended..  So I have an apt tomorrow to change facilities and I believe it is the best choice for me and my son..

Re: Switching birthing facility at 36 weeks...

• Options

The boards can be a little slow at this time of night. Are you asking for advice? It sounds like you have made your decisions based on sound reasoning. I wish you luck in your birthing endeavors. :)

• Options
    Glad you found someone else. Are you moving from a hospital birth to a home birth?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My opinion on your desire to have a natural birth? Great, I hope you like your new midwife.

My opinion on your choice to not vaccinate your LO? Since you asked, I'll say I disagree and that with few exceptions I do support vaccines.

Welcome to the board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    If the problem with the other practice is nonvaccination, you won't find many, if any, medical professionals who agree with nonvac. The best you can do is have a doctor who doesn't harass you about it. It's your choice as a mother but the doctors will recommend vaccination. I do vaccinate for the record.
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What kind of opinions are you looking for?

Do I think it's a good idea to change midwives? Absolutely. I think the number 1 most important thing in healthcare is to have a provider who "gets" you.

Do I think everything should be as "God intended?" I have no idea what God intended or not, but vaccines are available and they save lives. I'm not taking chances with my daughter's life when people who don't vaccinate are contributing to the reemergence of deadly diseases like measles and pertussis.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageNechie122:
    What kind of opinions are you looking for? Do I think it's a good idea to change midwives? Absolutely. I think the number 1 most important thing in healthcare is to have a provider who "gets" you. Do I think everything should be as "God intended?" I have no idea what God intended or not, but vaccines are available and they save lives. I'm not taking chances with my daughter's life when people who don't vaccinate are contributing to the reemergence of deadly diseases like measles and pertussis.

YesYesYes 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageA37licia:
    Glad you found someone else. Are you moving from a hospital birth to a home birth?
    Nope, from a hospital to a birthing center.. I also tried a midwife who would do a home birth for me but had to fire her, I was scared for my safety.. I had really bad feelings about her ability to practice after having her in my home a few months so my husband and I went back to the hospital with the professionals... Until now :)
  • Options
    imagelizztheo:
    If the problem with the other practice is nonvaccination, you won't find many, if any, medical professionals who agree with nonvac. The best you can do is have a doctor who doesn't harass you about it. It's your choice as a mother but the doctors will recommend vaccination. I do vaccinate for the record.
    The non vaccination wasn't the problem,, it was the constant harassment,, not just about vaccination but also not wanting epidural, no early cord clamping and many other things.. I had to tell the midwifves I didn't want vaccinations for myself or my child EVERY SINGLE visit and it became toooooo much for me. I felt like a broken record. And it felt as if they were trying to make my birth experience their own instead of listening to my wants and needs... You can Call me a health freak or an over protective mom but God knows that as an educated woman, I only want the best for my child :)
  • Options
    imageNechie122:
    What kind of opinions are you looking for? Do I think it's a good idea to change midwives? Absolutely. I think the number 1 most important thing in healthcare is to have a provider who "gets" you. Do I think everything should be as "God intended?" I have no idea what God intended or not, but vaccines are available and they save lives. I'm not taking chances with my daughter's life when people who don't vaccinate are contributing to the reemergence of deadly diseases like measles and pertussis.
    I have to say respectfully that I absolutely disagree.. I don't believe they save lives because I am a well educated woman in the field of medicine and so is my husband.. Do your daughter a favor and look on natural health news.com about vaccinations. That's all I can say because in the end we will all make our own decision for our children.
  • Options
    imageNechie122:
    Do I think everything should be as "God intended?" I have no idea what God intended or not.....
    it was intended for us as women to give birth naturally and to live natural life styles.. We don't need all of these interventions for us nor our children. Have you ever heard the quote "let food be thy medicine".. Or "knowledge is the key to success"... The problem is people put all their trust in doctors instead of being smart enough to do their own research and testing... Another fact is, this world is based on greed and selfishness so to be so naive As to think most doctors care about the health of the common patient is beyond me.. Again, this is all said out of respect so please take no offense.
  • Options
    imageMamaMuslima01:
    You can Call me a health freak or an over protective mom but God knows that as an educated woman, I only want the best for my child :

Hmmm... After reading this and your other responses where you repeatedly reference your education level, I'm beginning to wonder if you think we're all a bunch of dumbasses? I'm sorry, but reading "natural health news.com" for information on vaccination does not make you any more "educated" than the rest of us.

If you were "well educated in the medical field" as you claim, you'd know that you are doing your child and other children a great disservice by foregoing all vaccines. The only reason you have the luxury of considering such an option is due to the success of vaccination, it has all but eradicated so many diseases that misinformed people now think they are unnecessary.

I wish you good luck in your natural birth and with changing facilities, but can't agree with anything else.

Signed,

A mom to be with advanced graduate degrees.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"