Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What is your temp rise like after ovulating?

I'm definitely wishing I had been better about charting since DS2 was born, so it's hard to say what my "normal" temp rise is, but I can remember having a little rise initially after ovulation followed by a bigger rise. I'm a little confused about when I ovulated because normally I have discomfort on one day to accompany ovulation and then it's gone the next day. The times I took my temp before ovulating, it was around 97.2. I had discomfort on Thursday when I wasn't expecting it (not TTC and was expecting to ovulate over the weekend or later) and my temp was 97.5 that morning. The next morning, it was 97.7, which I would normally consider enough of a temp rise to signal ovulation, but I continued to have some discomfort during the beginning of the day, along with some EW fluid, but I don't think it was as much as the other days. I'll also note that before my last pregnancy, I think my EW would be completely gone the morning after ovulation and that just hasn't been the case anymore. The following day, it was 97.7 again, then 98.0 the next day. It's been between 97.7-98.0 since then. The "extended" discomfort after my temp rose is also making me wonder if I possibly released two eggs this month (!!!) since I never have that discomfort more more than a day. The more I think about it, the more I really worry that I actually ovulated on Thursday. I know this was kind of a long way to get to my question...How much of a rise do you have the day after you ovulate? Does it rise further the following day?
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: What is your temp rise like after ovulating?

• Options
    Ive only charted one full cycle but mine jumped significantly with O and it stays relitively high under right before AF comes.
  • Options
    My rise tends to be 0.5 or more. With that said, each person is different, each month is different for the same person, and what may be completely routine O, pain, symptoms, etc. For months on end could just suddenly change the next month. Keep charting temps and CM do you chart with Fertility Friend?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I tend to have a small rise right after O, with a bigger jump the second day after O (look at my chart). 

It can take up to 24 hours after O to see the full temperature shift.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a pretty noticeable temp rise. See my chart.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    This.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    Wow. No quoting on mobile? Meant the quote the last post above me.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options

Mine jumped by about 0.5. You can look at my chart if you would like.

My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • Options
    This is longest way to ask for a chart stalk. Link to your chart for the mobile bumpies.

FYI, the difference in my O rose is not going to correlate anything with anyone else's. Some months it's higher. Some months are triphasic. The amount of the difference is not important. It's the fact that there is a difference between pre O and post temps that are important.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    I think it's very dependent on the woman, but mine normally jumps .5 or more.
    imageimage

• Options
    imageargonne:

I tend to have a small rise right after O, with a bigger jump the second day after O (look at my chart). 

It can take up to 24 hours after O to see the full temperature shift.    

Exactly this for me, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Typically I have a small rise 1 & 2 DPO and then a bigger one after that.  At 5 or 6 DPO I usually have a temp dip back to around where it was at 1/2 DPO. Then it goes up again until the last day of my LP. 
    DS 3.7.09
    mm/c 5.3.10 at 10 weeks
    DD 4.1.11
    mm/c 9.25.12 at 11 weeks
    c/p 3.20.13
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"