Cloth Diapering
Options

XP- Menstrual Cup Users

What kind do you use? How many kids have you had? Did you have to trim the stem? Do you find it comfortable? 
I've decided I'm going to buy one and toss the tampons (I've never used a pad other than right after I gave birth). I'm just trying to figure out which brand to get and what might be best for me..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP- Menstrual Cup Users

• Options

I ordered size two diva cup based on my age and the fact that I had given birth.  It was so uncomfortable.  I cut the stem completely off and then even turned it inside out.  It was better, but only if I was sitting or lying down.

I read a chart (I think on the lunette site)` about sizes, and based on my shape, I decided to try a smaller one.  I ordered lunette size one, but only used it on one light day so far, so I can't speak to how well it contains the yuck, but it was a lot more comfortable. I couldn't feel it, even though I was moving around a fair bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

I ordered size two diva cup based on my age and the fact that I had given birth.  It was so uncomfortable.  I cut the stem completely off and then even turned it inside out.  It was better, but only if I was sitting or lying down.

I read a chart (I think on the lunette site)` about sizes, and based on my shape, I decided to try a smaller one.  I ordered lunette size one, but only used it on one light day so far, so I can't speak to how well it contains the yuck, but it was a lot more comfortable. I couldn't feel it, even though I was moving around a fair bit.

based off of the size charts, I'm thinking of going with a size one as well, even thought I've given birth. My cervix sits really low and I have always had a light flow.. The lunette is the one I'm looking at. it seems skinnier than the diva cup. Theres a store about an hour away that sells them and carries a few different brands..I'm considering just making the drive to check them out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

Is it easy to get in and out? I'm considering giving it a try once PP AF shows her ugly face.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options

Cup = best thing ever. I started with a size one diva cup and recently got a size two lunette. I have one kiddo and I am 26. I actually find the diva cup fits better. But the lunette is good too. I had to cut the stem completely off of both cups but now it is sooooo comfortable cant even feel it. It makes me not hate my period. It just takes some practice to insert it right.

I'm also a recent convert to mama cloth as a back up to the cup. Especially minky pads! 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageInto+the+Kitty:
    imagetjkdlhb:

Is it easy to get in and out? I'm considering giving it a try once PP AF shows her ugly face.

it does take some practice but now I think it's easy. I was inserting it too high for a little while and it wasn't working well, it would leak, and i hated it. Once I learned to not insert it as far and make sure it can rotate freely its great. I think it's way more comfy than tampons. 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageNittanyMama:

Cup = best thing ever. I started with a size one diva cup and recently got a size two lunette. I have one kiddo and I am 26. I actually find the diva cup fits better. But the lunette is good too. I had to cut the stem completely off of both cups but now it is sooooo comfortable cant even feel it. It makes me not hate my period. It just takes some practice to insert it right.

I'm also a recent convert to mama cloth as a back up to the cup. Especially minky pads! 

I have never used a pad for my period. I only used them PP and I HATED every second of it. But I've found that I cramp SO much more PP than I did pre-baby. I'm thinking that cutting out tampons will help the cramping. I'd rather switch to a greener alternative than take all kinds of medicine while on AF. 
  • Options
    I had a Diva Cup before DS and bought a Lunette afterward. I prefer the Lunette - I get a better seal. I love it. I did have to cut the stem off both.
  • Options
    I got the disposable ones WalMart to try first, to see if it was something I wanted to pursue. I liked it, so after I use these up, I'm going for the Moon Cup!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use a Diva Cup, size 2.  I have one LO and am 30.  Prior to having DD I used the DC in size 1.  I cut the stem off entirely.  It's very comfortable for me.
  • Options
    I used the Diva Cup size 1 before getting pregnant and I loved it. I cut the stem completely off. I haven't had a period since, but I have been going back and forth on what size to get. I'll be sticking with the Diva Cup though.
  • Options
    I have the diva cup size 1, this is my first pregnancy so I haven't used it after a kid. I had to cut the stem completely off and it still felt a little too big, and would poke out the bottom.

I am somewhat interested in a smaller cup, but I found out I'm a cloth pad lover! I had never wore a pad before so this greatly surprised me. I have a super light flow so there is no bulk and now I don't have the uncomfortable feeling of changing a dry tampon.

Ps, I could never fill the diva cup in a 24 hr period, that's how light I am!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"