Breastfeeding
Options

BREASTFEEDING TROUBLES

I NEED HELP! (i dont know what DD and LO and DH mean??) but my baby is 13 days old and the LC said her latch was good although i can hear a sucking noise sometimes when she is feeding and i can't tell if she is swallowing and gulping enough when she nurses. she seems to always be crying if i'm not holding her or nursing her. but as soon as i give her my breast she falls asleep. i am extremely tired and can't do anything else. i'm in grad school and have homework that is really over due. is there ANY advice at all out there? i dont know what to do bc she is still so young and i hear that you can't "spoil" a newborn so i always pick her up when she cries but she seems to just want my breast to pacify. 

Re: BREASTFEEDING TROUBLES

• Options
    Please try not to get frustrated or overwhelmed. If she is making wet and dirty diapers you know she is getting enough. If you here a slurping noise the latch might be slipping, just relatch her and start anew! Sorry about the homework, don't forget to take care of yourself too, This is the hardest time.
  • Options
    ok shew thank you guys for the quick responses. i dont want to give up so quickly and im really determined to breastfeed. i have read 2 different things about bowel movements. she hasn't had once since sunday and it is now wed night. at what point should i be worried or contact a doctor? she did have 3 in a row on saturday and then her last one was sunday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemattandashleysbaby:
    ok shew thank you guys for the quick responses. i dont want to give up so quickly and im really determined to breastfeed. i have read 2 different things about bowel movements. she hasn't had once since sunday and it is now wed night. at what point should i be worried or contact a doctor? she did have 3 in a row on saturday and then her last one was sunday. 

How many wet diapers a day is she producing?

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"