1st Trimester
Options

timeframe for NT scan?

I am getting an NT scan and trying to plan a few work trips... Is there a window of time you need to get them done between? And is it a regular u/s but they're looking for certain measurements and markers?

ETA - My OBGYN doesn't do them in office, so just wrote referral to get it done at hospital at 12 weeks.. But I wasn't sure if that means it has to be 12 weeks exactly. I can check with them tomorrow too.. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: timeframe for NT scan?

• Options
    11w to 13w and some number of days ...I think it's 13w4d???
    IM unmedical O, the 12th week is ideal because it gives a few days plus or minus to accommodate growth variations the get a good measurement at the NT.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options

My doctor told me it should be done between 10w6d and 13w6d. I'm scheduled to get have mine done when I'm 11w5d. I would have shot for a little closer to 12, but my insurance is changing a couple days after my NT scan and I'm not sure what coverage will be like yet.

edit to add: And it's probably a good idea to stick close to 12 weeks because I know either one or both the CVS and amnio needs to be done early as well, in the unlikely chance that something looks off at the scan. If your scan is early enough you'd have a few days to think over the pros and cons of further testing if you weren't sure.

One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My req says 11 to 14 weeks.
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"