C-sections

Underwear

I've been wearing high-cut underwear since my c-section 2 weeks ago so that I don't irritate my scar. Would love to switch back to my normal bikini cut. For those who have had c-sections, when were you able to start wearing your normal underwear again?

TTC since June 2009
BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
BFP #2 October 2010 CP
BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
IUIs #3&4 = BFN
IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

Re: Underwear

• It took me at least 3 months. I hated anything touching my incision for a long time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • it took me a while but someone told me to start using a pad inside my undies on my belly incision to help cushion it during the healing time and let me tell ya it did wonders to help! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I never wore high-waisted underwear. I just used the maxi pad trick, and put the pad right along the waistband. They were slightly loose, too, so that probably helped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageDenaRenee78:
    it took me a while but someone told me to start using a pad inside my undies on my belly incision to help cushion it during the healing time and let me tell ya it did wonders to help! 

Never thought about that!

I think I went back to my normal underwear maybe a month-month and a half PP.  I remember it irratating me a little bit, but not too bad.

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• I used the pad trick as well. My normal underwear was still well above my scar (normal bikini cut, but my incision is well below the pre-groomed hair line). I think I started wearing normal underwear before the first month was over. 

I should add that the real discomfort for me was not my incision, but my skin. It felt so sensitive, I didn't want much touching it.  

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• 3 months after, but still feel a bit tingly...sometimes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore the hospital underwear for a few days, but after that switched to my normal (low cut) underwear. I don't know if my incision was just higher than normal, but I found the higher cut underwear I purchased for post c/s caused irritation, but my normal ones sat low enough that they didn't both the incision.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"