Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

One and Done

We are officially one and done as of last Thursday...DH got snipped. Any other one and done moms out there? It feels great to have our decision made and behind us so we can move on...it was a very hard decision to make!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One and Done

• Options
    We are! As soon as its almost time to get my iud out, Dh is getting snipped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're one and done as well but it's been harder for me to be happy about it.  The fact that it took so long for me to get pregnant affected our decision because I'm >40 and MH is older still. I'm coming to terms with it slowly.  DH also was snipped so we're definitely done but my heart still has longing for another LO.  Congrats to you for making such a tough decision and glad it feels great.  I hope to get to that feeling soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    New to this board but definitely in for one and done! My husband's appointment is next week and I can't wait. I love my son like crazy and he's definitely all we ever wanted. It was a decision we made before we even got oregnant and that we both easily agreed on. We always knew he'd be it and if we weren't sure, my horrible pregnancy drove it home! 

• Options

We are.  I'm convinced and DH is ok with that even though he'd also be glad to have another.  We haven't formally discussed the snip snip but I'm hoping he's open to it -- I'm tired of other birth control methods. 

• Options
    We definitely just want the one! We didn't care if we had a boy or girl, so we're not going to 'try' for the one that we didn't get. Also, DH and I both agree that unless we're going to have another right away (which is NOT going to happen), "giving" LO a little brother or sister to play with doesn't have much significange. One, you never know if they really are going to be friends or hate each other, so to have another kid on that basis (which people keep wanting us to do for some reason) is just ridiculous! DH and I each have a brother that is 5 years older/younger and in reality (although we love our brothers), we weren't really friends until we were older. So...in short-no more kids
  • Options
    Not to get into someone else's business, but maybe one day you could adopt/foster a child. I can honestly say that I don't and never want another child and I love my little one more than anything in the world. I didn't have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to have another and I'm quite sure DH feels that same way in his heart and he agree with me verbally. You never know what the futuer holds, so don't feel too bad!
  • Options
    we are one and done. DH won't get snipped but I have an IUD and after it's 5 years, I'll probably look into the essure procedure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't yet, officially, as a couple.  But my husband is pretty close to feeling one and done.  I do look forward to the decision being made, however it goes.
    IMG_8355
  • Options

We are one and done as well (except my hormones, which occasionally scream "No, no, one more OR TWELVE!" my hormones are stupid!) and hubby got snipped right after DD turned 9 mo. 

Definitely feels nice to worry way less. 

• Options

Hell yeah, mama! High five to the members of the "One and Done" Club ;)

• Options
    DH is still working up the nerve to make the appointment, but we're definitely one and done for a long list of reasons. (Although that didn't make it entirely easy.)
  • Options

We have always said we would only have one.  For a while I wasn't even sure about having any.  We now have our amazing little boy and I feel like it would almost be ungrateful of me to have another child.  We had a lot of things going against us (prior m/c, pre-term labor & bedrest, advanced maternal age) so to finally have a healthy, full-term baby is such a blessing.  Plus, I truly don't know how I could go through all those sleepless nights again and afford the time off from work- not to mention a second child.  All that being said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes consider how sweet it would be to have a baby again and how we'd find a way to make it work financially...during random moments of weakness of course...lol.   I hope I am as at peace with it as all of you when the time comes and the decision is "official."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We're one and done, but we haven't made it official yet. 

I still have moments where I'd like my DS to have a sibling.  But then the logical, rational side of me realizes that I don't want to go through pregnancy/childbirth/newborn stage again.  And beyond that, I feel incredibly balanced right now.  I have time for my child, my marriage, myself, my career.  Generally we're incredibly happy.  Knowing myself and my DH, a 2nd child would be tough on us.  Right now we're comfortable financially as well, and I don't want to put us in stressful financial state. 

Good for you for making the decision and making it official! 

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    We are one and done too.  I was so sick during pregnancy that I NEVER want to experience that again.  I am very active in my profession and we love to travel so one kid makes sense to us.
  • Options

We are one and done. DH was snipped about a year ago.One thing about the snip: make sure your DH goes to all of the follow up appointments. It took a while for everything to clear, if you know what I mean.  And for those whose DH is dragging his feet, two of my friends have gotten pregnant in the past year waiting for their husbands to work up the courage. Both were on birth control.  Yikes!

As for our reasoning, I was was 40 when I had DS. I have heart disease and it was a hard pregnancy. I also had 2 small strokes when DS was 7 weeks old.

Basically it came down to being fair to my DS--he needs a healthy Mommy!  We are blessed to have a lot of family nearby, including 6 other kids under 7 years old. DS will have "siblings" to grow up with, but they are the kind who go home!

• Options
    One and done. But we decided after a rough pregnancy on my health. Its a hard pill for me to swallow and I feel like I failed my husband. We wanted 2 but I ended up with a blocked kidney during pregnancy and then the weight gain made my already trashed hips even worse and I had a hip replacement when DD was 6 months old. I see alot of people having more and things are so easy for them....it makes me sad :
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    We are so on the fence. My DD is sweet and awesome and having another one her age would be fine.  Sometimes I want another LO and sometimes the thought of being pregnant and going through the NB thing again makes me cringe.  I was not a happy pregnant lady.
    photo NewAveryPic_zps943cadf9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"