Cloth Diapering
Options

CD on the go- Convince me

We just started CD a few weeks ago.  I am planning a day trip on Saturday and I've never really CD on the go for an extended period of time. I really want to keep her in cloth for the day but is it going to be a huge hassle? How do you handle poo on the road? Just toss it in the bag and deal with later? Are there any other extras needed for the trip? Should I just stick to disposables for the day? Thanks!

BTW I probably won't check this post before morning but I promise I'm coming back, I promise ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CD on the go- Convince me

• Options

I shake the poop into the toilet if there is one around. If there isn't I just roll the diaper up with the poop inside and put it in a separate wetbag. Either way, when I get home I take my small wetbag for the poop diaper, remove the inserts then, and spray the diaper when I get home.

IMO CDing is no more work outside the house than here at home.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    You could also use flushable liners for the day to deal with poop.  I don't find using CDs while out to be a hassle, although I will sometimes use disposable wipes instead of cloth ones so that I don't have to wet them.  And if you have disposables around, you could always keep a couple in the diaper bag just in case it's proving to be more difficult than you anticipated.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

I shake the poop into the toilet if there is one around. If there isn't I just roll the diaper up with the poop inside and put it in a separate wetbag. Either way, when I get home I take my small wetbag for the poop diaper, remove the inserts then, and spray the diaper when I get home.

Exactly this. Poop I deal with later at home, pee diapers I take out the inserts so I can just invert the wetbag into the wash or my larger wetbag at home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

It's really easy to CD for day trips, I don't feel that it is a hassle at all.

I bring a wet bag with clean diapers in it and a wetbag for dirties. If a toilet is available, I shake the poop into the toilet. If not, I just put it in the wetbag and deal with it later.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

All of this. The only difference really is that the CD's take up more room in the diaper bag.  =) Good luck LL! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to give it a try. I really like CD so far so hopefully I'll like it on the go as well :) I think I'll do what LCass suggested and grab a few disposables just in case.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLatteLady5:
    Thanks guys! I think I'm going to give it a try. I really like CD so far so hopefully I'll like it on the go as well :) I think I'll do what LCass suggested and grab a few disposables just in case.

Another tip I have too is that if you're going to be gone all day and need a lot of diapers plus the other things in your bag, the most space saving solution is prefolds/flats/natural fiber inserts that you can just lay into a cover and change out the insert. Then you only need two covers (in case of a messy poop) and the inserts, which take up a lot less space in the diaper bag.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    DD is in daycare, so I spend a few minutes at the end of every day rinsing her day's worth of poop diapers (daycare just rolls them up and puts them in our tupperware box that we provided). So being out for the day with cloth diapers is no different for me. If it's ploppable, I toss in a toilet in the bathroom I change her in. If it's not, I just roll it up and stick it in the wet bag. They hold stink surprisingly well!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I won't be of much help because I only CD my newborn and I don't have to deal with the solid poop yet. But, we CD all of the time. I plan for one CD per hour - two hours, just in case. I bring the smaller sized wet bag and put everything in there. It works out well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"