Eco-Friendly Family

Does your LO have food sensitivities?

I have a gut feeling LO has a food sensitivity, to what I don't know. When he was very little his doctor told us he had eczema and immediately I removed all environmental triggers and he never had a flare up again. However, he almost constantly does have a super mild rash, sometimes it's just a roughness feel to his skin, and I know it's just not normal. Then, over the holidays he got "a stomach bug" that's what his doctor called it and said the lose stools could last up to a month. It's been over two months now and he still has lose stools up to 4 times a day. Today his doctor said, kids will always have a fluctuation in their stools and that is normal, that if anything DS consumes too much fiber that I shouldn't worry, that he wishes his other moms would give his patients half the healthy foods DS eats.

My gut feeling is that is food related. I don't know though, if it is food sensitivity causing the lose stools or foods that trigger his eczema...I mean, I don't know if it's a digestive health issue or an eczema issue.

If you are in a similar situation I'd LOVE to hear your input.

Also, I'm considering doing an elimination process with his food, starting with grains, if you are Paleo and feed your kids Paleo, could you give me a run down of what they eat and if there is a place to find almond and coconut flour cheaper.

Sorry this got long, bless your heart if you made it this far. Thanks you so much in advance!  

Re: Does your LO have food sensitivities?

• My daughter hasn't personally had allergies, but did have colic until 6 months old.  I have friends who had what sounds very similar to your experiences and they eliminated dairy and found great success.  

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Google "leaky gut syndrome ". This is huge in the alternative medicine circles. Basically, a damaged intestinal lining allows improperly digested food to enter the bloodstream. The body then launches an inflammatory response either in the form of skin issues, behavioral problems, stomach bloating, cramping, etc. Many people go on the gaps or scd diet to heal their guts.

I am currently doing an elimination diet with my dd. I have her off of gluten, corn, soy, preservatives and artificial colors and her behavior has improved significantly. No more meltdowns or tantrums. She is a much happier child. she still has some eczema so im attributing it to either eggs or dairy. She eats a lot of both. So to answer your question, yes foods are often the cause of many health issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"