Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Zoloft

I posted this also on the ppd board.
So I had my first app with the psychologist and family dr. After an hour and a half she said I could really benefit from taking Zoloft. A fear I had before going in. I was skeptical and feel like they say that to everyone. I'm nervous about meds and side effects. She said its like risk management to feel better or potentially stay the same/get worse. I don't know what todo.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zoloft

• I felt the exact same way as you. I've been on it for about 2 months now and I feel so much better. No side effects that I'm aware of. Except sleepiness, so I take it at night instead of in the morning. You can always stop taking it if you don't like it. I'm hoping it's only a temporary thing for me. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • How long before you started feeli g better. And what really constitutes "feeling better". Lol. Sounds silly I know, but maybe I'm just caught up in my fog tht I don't know what normal is or should be. What symptoms did you have before taking it
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you should try it. It can take time to find the right medication, but when you find it, you'll be so glad you did. Zoloft wasn't the right drug for me, but Prozac was. Like you, I was nervous about going on medication and didn't want to try a million things, but I finally feel normal.

SSRI's can take anywhere from 3-8 weeks to kick in, so give it time. You'll feel more level, calm, and in control. You'll look back on how you were and know you've come a long way.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I went through HORRIBLE ppd...it really is no joke! I ended up going to the doctor and like most of you, I really couldn't stand the thought of going on medication, but my doctor convinced me to "try"it. I went on Lexapro and within days I was feeling better. Honestly, it was one of the best decisions I've made, and I'm thankful I did it.
  • Best decision I ever made. Well one of them...I had horrible and I mean horrible ppd. Once I realized it I went to a therapist right away and she said Zoloft. I felt better in 4 days ( how that's possible is beyond me but maybe a sign of just how bad I was?) and felt like myself again after two weeks. Not gonna lie i haven't been this freaking happy in years...I'll probably stay on it for a very long time. I'm on the 50mg.

my symptoms had a rather abrupt onset....for about a week and a half before I got on Zoloft my brain stopped triggering for me to eat....I would go hours without eating then get weak and I didn't know why. Then I realized it was bc I hadn't eaten in hours. I wasn't hungry though and was very busy with my new twins. The brain malfunction with the eating was super scary. After I realized what was happening I forced myself to eat but would often feel sick. I had panick attacks if I was alone in my house and driving. I felt sad 90% the time. Noticed I didn't want to be social but I wanted my mom with me all the time. These true pd symptoms lasted about three weeks. After a week and a half of these abrupt onset symptoms I found a therapist  

im thankful I did it too....and even more thankful that I didn't wait. 

• See me, it's not that bad. I'm 11 mos pp and I started noticing the anxiety about 6 mos ago and it just got worse. I feel worried all the time, have lots of what ifs, panicky and nervous, not very social, very irritable, ESP around my period. Mostly I feel like I feel this way because I'm going back to work Monday. I don't know. I know everyone's different but I feel like I'm not thaaaaat bad to warrant medication. But then I think, everyone prob says that.
  • imagesilvie25:
    See me, it's not that bad. I'm 11 mos pp and I started noticing the anxiety about 6 mos ago and it just got worse. I feel worried all the time, have lots of what ifs, panicky and nervous, not very social, very irritable, ESP around my period. Mostly I feel like I feel this way because I'm going back to work Monday. I don't know. I know everyone's different but I feel like I'm not thaaaaat bad to warrant medication. But then I think, everyone prob says that.

if I knew Zoloft would make me this....content I would have taken it years ago....and I've never been clinically depressed before my ppd. :) lexapro (sp?) I hear is great for the symptoms you've described.  

• Thanks. Maybe in just nervous for potential side effects. I know it's different for everyone. But my stupid what if takes me back to what if I'm the person that has the worst ones. And I can't just stoppl taking it so I'm f'ed. Lol
  • imagesilvie25:
    How long before you started feeli g better. And what really constitutes "feeling better". Lol. Sounds silly I know, but maybe I'm just caught up in my fog tht I don't know what normal is or should be. What symptoms did you have before taking it

It took about a week or so. And better meant feeling like myself again. That sounds a bit vague, but don't know any other way to put it. Before, I was moody, nervous, and got irritated easily and snapped at my husband a lot. I was really edgy with anything that had to do with the baby. Just a general nervousness that I was going to screw something up with him. And that's understandable with a newborn, but he was 6 1/2 months at this point. 

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"