January 2013 Moms
Options

COMPLETE 180!

So, I'm not sure what's happened, but the last few days have been MAGIC.

DD has gone from eating so much ever 1-2 hours to eating just every three hours. Her BM's have slowed way down but have remained normal and consistant. She has started sleeping in her PNP (not just her swing or on me) and she is falling asleep in about 30 seconds instead of 30 minutes.

I think she's finally realized that sleep is a happy and safe place to go. I've also noticed that she doesn't wake up crying to eat...before I was waiting for that 'cry' instead of just fussing, but I read that around this age, the hunger pangs aren't as bad for them, so they may be hungry, but they won't cry as much, they'll just fuss.

I hope all this continues - it makes me feel a lot better about going back to work as she is really starting to get into her own routine. 

Glory Glory Hallelujah!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: COMPLETE 180!

• Options
    That's fabulous and I'm jealous! How old is your LO?
  • Options
    Seven weeks...it's like this is the 'easier' when people say..."it'll get easier"!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Way to go momma, you got her through a rough patch.
  • Options
    Ugh I cant wait, then again I'm in the middle of a rough patch
  • Options
    Wow that's great! Is LO sleeping longer stretches at night too?

We're 7.5 weeks and not there yet :/ though by gestational age she is only 6.5 weeks...hoping our "it gets easier" is coming soon!

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

No, not really sleeping longer at night...but sleeping BETTER. Definitley a lot less startling.

I had three hard weeks.  Growth spurt at 3 to 4 weeks, Wonder week at week 5, and another growth spurt at week 6. Sigh.

I think it's a combo of her being old enough to get into a routine and me just accepting this new 'normal'!! 

• Options
    Just wait for 12 weeks. Even better
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I keep waiting for this day...

LO is 3 months actual but only 6 weeks adjusted... I've been doing the inconsistent newborn sleep for 3 months now and I'm so ready for a long stretch! I've paid my dues of getting up every 2-3 hours (sometimes FOR 2-3 hours)... Hopefully those long stretches are just around the corner...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"