January 2013 Moms
Options

Am I crazy

Ok so here it goes. My DD is 4 weeks today and let me tell you if has been the hardest month of my life, so much more so than I could have imagined. She went through a week of crying, a week of only sleeping in our arms, and a month of barely napping and if so only in our arms. Needlad to say, I was ready to lose it......
Well yesterday I got this overwhelming feeling of sadness about her being a month old and growing up. And today I finally got her to nap in her bassinet for an hourfirst time And its all ice wanted fir a minth. Anyway all I did was cry. I have this whole in my chest about her not needing me to cuddle and getting older. Am I crazy
BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Am I crazy

• Options

YOU ARE NOT CRAZY- sending you a big hug!

It's so hard because it is this dichotomy...on one hand...we want them to grow up and take a bottle and sleep through the night and develop an immune system so we don't worry about them being so vulnerable. We want them to be less dependant on us sometimes.

and then...

We realize this means they won't need us as desperatley and this can be very sad! I felt a twinge of this when my DD took her first bottle. I was proud, and relieved, but a little sad. I think that's NORMAL! I'm so excited that we've almost made it to her next Dr. appt when she'll get her first round of shots and have some protection against scary illnesses...but that means she's already two months old! DD is falling asleep faster and staying asleep longer (thank god) but she also doesn't need to be on my chest to do so...

All this said, I think the next 18 years will be the same. Sad they are growing up so fast, but proud and happy at the same time.  It's a new set of feelings, don't dismiss them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way. She is so needy and it's so overwhelming, but then she grows and I know I'll miss it when it's gone.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"