January 2013 Moms
Options

another pumping newbie

So I've been pumping once a day for the last week or so, producing about 3 oz.  This is pumping for about 10 min each breast off and on for about 2-3 hours (probably 40-60 min of pumping time) I've decided to take a break for a bit because I'm now trying to go dairy free due to reflux issues and don't want to have a supply full of milk that'll cause baby belly problems.  

How many times a day should I be trying to pump once I get started back up again, and is there something I could be doing wrong by getting only 3 oz?  What speed and suction setting should I use?  We give DS 3oz of formula at night to help give me a break, but I'm also nursing him afterwards and sometimes before as well.  He's not the best napper during the day, but I'm hoping this will change thru my diet and by him being on zantac.   

Today I had my first cup of mother's milk tea, so I'm hoping by starting that my supply will increase a bit.  

Any insight will be a great help....Thanks in advance 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: another pumping newbie

• Options

If you're pumping after your LO nurses, then 3 oz is good.  When I pump, I get anywhere from 1.5 - 3 oz.

In terms of speed, it's all what you're comfortable with.  When I first started with DD1, I was on a low setting.  By the time I was done pumping (after a year) I could do the highest and be comfortable.  Right now I'm at about a 5/6 on my pump.

I pump once in the morning after DD has nursed from both sides (I only do 1 side per feeding).  I pump again if DH gives her a bottle. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"