January 2013 Moms
Options

Mixing powdered formula?

We had DS on Enfamil Gentlease for gas... we recently switched to Enfamil A.R. because he was spitting up A LOT. The A.R. has helped with the spit up, but now he's gassy and constipated (why can't they make one for BOTH spit up and gas?!). Would it be okay to mix them? We usually do 4 oz bottles, so it would be a scoop of A.R. and a scoop of Gentlease. My pedi takes forever to call me back...
Jan 2013 Mom's Siggy Challenge - Me and my Valentine <3<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=111ig68" target="_blank">Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mixing powdered formula?

• Options
    Personally I would not mix. If the spitting up was bad enough to switch to the enfamil AR, I would just stick with that and use gas drops. Your pedi can advise on the constipation. We've been using 1oz of pear or prune juice twice a day for that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsT0514:
    Personally I would not mix. If the spitting up was bad enough to switch to the enfamil AR, I would just stick with that and use gas drops. Your pedi can advise on the constipation. We've been using 1oz of pear or prune juice twice a day for that.

Agree with this. We were using the juice as well with the AR, but be aware that depending on your LO, it may bring the reflux back. We had this issue, and are now back to Enfamil Newborn and Zantac.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always heard its never good to mix formula. Or even to mix formula with BM...but I'm not an expert.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"