Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

confused about sizes.

this might be the stupidest question you come across all day, but ds just grew out of newborn clothes so i am washing and storing his 6 month clothes to put in his drawer in place of them (i keep 2 sizes up untagged, washed, and in his drawers). the whole sizing thing confuses me though. he has some 0-3 that is the same size as 3s (some even in the same brand), and some 3-6 the same size as 6.. so does sizing go 0-3, 3, 3-6, 6, etc. or does it go 3,6,9, etc. & whatever in-between size just thrown in there too. again, stupid question. i know it doesn't really matter, because i just will put on what fits. but i am just wondering what the whole deal with the sizing is. does anyone know?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: confused about sizes.

• Options
    Every brand is different.  I too will just go with what fits as I ave some 0-3 and some 3-6 that fit now!  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You have to go by the actual item because they can vary but the general rule of thumb is that 0-3 and 3 are the same, 3-6 and 6 are the same and so on.  The brands with only one number (like Carters) are anticipating that they will fit an average baby up to the number on the tag.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure as I have wondered the same thing. I will say that my size 3 stuff still fits him but 0 to 3 stuff does not.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options
    It all depends on the brand, which is annoying. Carter's usually runs big. Target clothes (Circo) are fairly average, but Children's place sometimes runs a little small. Good luck!
  • Options
    imageLalaMama81:

imageelmoali:
    You have to go by the actual item because they can vary but the general rule of thumb is that 0-3 and 3 are the same, 3-6 and 6 are the same and so on.  The brands with only one number (like Carters) are anticipating that they will fit an average baby up to the number on the tag.

This is how it's supposed to work but sizing varies by brand. Whatever the number or higher number is the age it fits up to, for an average baby. 

Unfortunately, I don't know ANYONE that has an AVERAGE baby.

My DS is 95% for height and 10% for weight and is 3 months old. He wears 3-6 and 6-9 month onesies, 6-9 months sleepers, and 3 month pants/shirts. 

My DD was the same way. 

I have yet to meet anyone with a truly 50% height, 50% weight baby.  

• Options
    I figure it's the same deal as women's clothing sizing, all brands and styles are different! DD is in 0 to 3 and 3 but is starting to grow out of some of her 0 to 3 sleepers, mostly Babies R Us brand. She can still wear one pair of Baby Gap pants in newborn though! A cashier told me Old Navy runs a little small and Baby Gap a little large which seems true for me. Carter's seems to run big, her 6 mo stuff looks so huge. To make it even more complicated she has a lot of stuff from the Swedish brand Polarn O. Pyret and their clothes are 1 to 2 mo and 2 to 4 mo but seem to be quite on target!
  • Options
    imageSurpriseAt39:
    imageLalaMama81:

imageelmoali:

This is how it's supposed to work but sizing varies by brand. Whatever the number or higher number is the age it fits up to, for an average baby. 

Unfortunately, I don't know ANYONE that has an AVERAGE baby.

My DS is 95% for height and 10% for weight and is 3 months old. He wears 3-6 and 6-9 month onesies, 6-9 months sleepers, and 3 month pants/shirts. 

My DD was the same way. 

I have yet to meet anyone with a truly 50% height, 50% weight baby.  

Ok yes but obviously we're talking about the INTENT of the sizing.  Everything you ever buy is going to fit every person differently. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"