Health & Exercise
Options

pregnant runners or exercisers come in.

I am a certified group fitness instructor. I am still teaching. I teach tabata/muscle classes. I have been working out all along. I am starting to slow down though with the cardio because I am feeling alot of pressure down there and little pains in the pelvic area and lets not talk about the need to pee. :)

Does a belly support belt help with that?

And how the heck do you runners do it? are you still running?

with my first I worked out till the end. But walked, yoga, lifting. I also dont rememeber having the pressure I do now.

thanks.

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: pregnant runners or exercisers come in.

• Options

The Medela support band saved my running! It keeps the weight off the bladder a little bit so I can go about a mile between pit stops :) Not ideal, but better than nothing.

That was my biggest issue with running. Around 20 weeks I had lots of stretching pains when I would run and the bump just felt too bouncy. That's when I got the support belt and I haven't run without it since. No pains or pressure. 

• Options

I ran a 1/2 marathon at 16 weeks, a 5k race at 24 weeks, a 5k race at 33 week and my final run was around 35 weeks.

Starting around 20 weeks, my belly just felt too "heavy" when I ran and I started having back problems so I got the Garbriella belly band. It was awesome.

I honestly think that because of that support, I was able to keep running for so long. The band I got was only $30 so I thought it was a cheap enough investment that if it didn't work out, I wasn't really out much money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sue&Pasquale -- YHPM :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A belly band has done wonders! I've been using it since about week 22 and it's saved a ton of pressure on my pelvis and SI joints.
    Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
  • Options

These are great suggestions ladies - thank you!

I was an avid runner before I broke my ankle at the end of August and then had ortho surgery. Finally was strong and flexible enough to start working my way back at the end of January. I'm walking 4 mins, jogging 1 min (4 rounds) 3x a week for 2 weeks and will bump up to 1.5 mins jogging after that etc.. Feeling really good and was wondering how/if I'd be able to run as I get further along (I am only 14 weeks).

Really want to get some of my strength and flexibility back now before I get further along and then baby comes. Using these bands should really help :) 

• Options

I found any sort of abdominal support to be too uncomfortable and actually cause contractions. I am still running at 36 weeks and don't wear any sort of support band. I guess it is just what feels comfortable for you. Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"