1st Trimester

How far along AM I?

Got a surpising BFP, that we were NOT expecting, on Valentines day (there was an extra test left over from months before and I was bored getting ready, I was SUPER shocked when I went to throw it away an hour later and noticed a second line).

Well I called my dr and since the first day of my last period was Jan 10th they say I am 7 weeks and will see me at 10 weeks March 19th. However I KNOW ovulated around February 1st-3rd....So am I really 7 weeks? I feel this would make me more like 5. Plus I do not have any symptoms at all, maybe they are waiting for me??

Very new to this whole pregnant thing :-/ 

Married since 06-9-11 Me: 29 Hubby: 28 2/14 BFP 1st baby The paper towels on the counter weren't for me?! My hubby and my puppy Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: How far along AM I?

• Did you take another test after that one?  I only ask b/c 1 hour is way past the time limit and it could have been an evaporation line or something at that point.   Just a thought before you make doctor appts, etc..

Doctors will go by your LMP (last menstrual period) unless you were charting and absolutely sure when you ovulated and it was not near the "14 day" mark.  Even then, they might still go by LMP unless they do a dating ultrasound.  Remember they count those "2 weeks" before you ovulate into how far along you are.

You likely are right around 7 weeks. 

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• You might not be as the PPs said. Go buy several more because the longest you are supposed to wait before reading HPTs  is 5-10 mins. Could most definitely be a false alarm. FX it goes the way you are hoping.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh ya I took another test...or like 4 of them, and the digital ones, because I couldnt believe it. And then another few over the last couple weeks since I dont have symptoms and I want to see if Im still pregnant :) And I am 100% sure about the ovulation, or at least that it is the time of conception since we have some pretty crazy schedules and that time frame is the only time we had done the BD since my last period :-/ I guess I will have to wait and see. Just thought 7 weeks sounded far, and was worried that maybe and I am not as far and symptoms are waiting for me around the corner.
    Married since 06-9-11 Me: 29 Hubby: 28 2/14 BFP 1st baby The paper towels on the counter weren't for me?! My hubby and my puppy Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • My dr explained it to me this way. You tell then your fist day of your last period for me it was dec 24. That makes me 9w2d. I didn't ovulate until two weeks later which is when I actually got pregnant which would make you think I'm only 7w. She said at conception you are considered 2 weeks pregnant. Don't ask me why but that's just the way it works. That's why you think your two weeks less the. You actually are. You go by the first day of your last period! Congrats!
  • If those are the only days you had sex, then that must be when you conceived. So in that case, sounds more like 5 1/2 weeks or so to me. Dating by your last period assumes you ovulated on the 14th day of your cycle which many women don't.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Because ovulation is sometimes hard to calculate(unless you are taking tests) and you know when your period was they use that as the marker. Sometimes symptoms don't show up for a while,so you should enjoy feeling good. I'm only 5 weeks I have had some mild cramping and by boobs are taking on a mind of their own haha The symptoms will come soon enough:)
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We're both along the same timeframe right now. My LPD was 1/9 and I found out on Valentine's Day too! Call it women's intuition or a hunch...but I randomly took my test (had two) and confirmed my suspicious of feeling "off."

Congrats!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Congratulations. I know I O'd on the 1st, which was ironically CD14, and I'm 5w6d, so you might not be quite 7 weeks, but they will probably do a dating u/s at your first appointment and set your EDD then.

TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"