January 2013 Moms
Options

Birth Certificate

When did you recieve LOs? We live in PA since it probably differs state to state

Re: Birth Certificate

• Options
    I wonder if it even goes further to the county level.  We live in Upstate NY by the state capital and received Emme's birth certificate about two and a half weeks after she was born.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We live in MI. We won't receive a copy and will have to go to the county clerk's office to get one. Had to do the same for DS1.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagexDanniellex:
    We live in MI. We won't receive a copy and will have to go to the county clerk's office to get one. Had to do the same for DS1.

Same for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We got ours several weeks ago now. It was issued out of our county. They just sent a letter which I had to have notarized and sent it back in with a check, then they mailed me the certificate.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagexDanniellex:

Same for us in Florida. They sent us his social security card though.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    I live in pa too and I was on the phone on the phone on hold for over an hour about this! They say usually it takes 6 weeks or more but our insurance company wants a copy of it, so they rushed it for us. So annoying since he was only on my insurance under my name for 30 days. There was going to be a big gap without coverage because of waiting. We already got the SSN card thankfully.
  • Options

imageMelissaRae1525:
    imagexDanniellex:

Live in CA and we have to do the same. 

• Options
    We have to request and pay for it.  We haven't yet.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm in PA too. We got it quickly. Maybe two weeks? Before her SSN came I know.
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered a birth certificate while I was still in the hospital and it arrived about 3 weeks later.  (In VA)

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Options
    I had to order mine online from TX Vital Statistics. $22 per copy! Ridiculous.

• Options
    imageMelissaRae1525:
    imagexDanniellex:

I also live in Florida and we got ours before we discharged from the hospital! They mailed his social security two weeks later.
  • Options
    I'm also in PA and hers came around 2 weeks.
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagexDanniellex:

This is the same for us too.  Although I think this time I got info on requesting it via mail, rather than going in. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The county he was born in sent it in the mail three weeks after he was born.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm fairly certain it's a county thing. The BC lady came to my room before discharge and completed everything. She then printed off the SS confirmation and advised me LO's BC would be available the next day!!! We picked it up a couple days later and her SS card arrived 2 weeks later!
  • Options
    I live in FL. 
  • Options
    PA- one week
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageKikiSmash12:
    I had to order mine online from TX Vital Statistics. $22 per copy! Ridiculous.

Same for me. 

image ?/25 my chart image
  • Options
    We live in VA and got in after about 4 or 5 weeks.
  • Options

imagexDanniellex:

I'm in MI too but I just have to fill out a form and send it in along with a cashier's check and a copy of my driver's license. I haven't done it yet... but I need to soon, especially since LO was born in November. 

Does anyone know if you need the birth certificate for tax purposes? Or will his SS card and the "verification of live birth" paper that we used for insurance work?  Huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMelissaRae1525:
    imagexDanniellex:

Yep, this. 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"