LGBT Parenting
Options

IUI 1 fail

I am not happy today. I had my iui Sunday and I kept bleeding on and off since then. Called Dr office again and then asked me to come in. I had an exam and ultrasound sound. He said that everything looks normal and there is no issue with the iui procedure. So I went for blood work he is thinking it could possibly be hormonal. The hardest part was he told me it didn't look like I actually ovulated. : so I am now waiting for results ans most likely be but on meds for the next cycle.
I wish I could also something to cheer up the wife she is pretty bummed as am I.

What types of meds have you been on during your try to conceive and what did they do for you?

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

Re: IUI 1 fail

• Options
    Sorry for typos phone has a mind of its own.

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options

Our RE had us on Clomid 150mg & we also did the trigger shot. A handled the meds pretty well, however I have heard of some people having side effects. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear this. 

Our first IUI cycle was a fail because they called it too early and did the iui at 1-2 days before I actually ovulated...  We were devastated when we found out that it was done too early and it was pretty rough to think of a wasted cycle.  (I still sometimes get a bit teary when I really think about that experience!)

With the next cycle I went from being the "I'm cool with a natural cycle" to "I WANT the trigger shot" person. We also moved on to fertility drugs then too.

We did a Femara cycle with an Ovidrel (10,000units of HCG) trigger shot.  It was timed perfectly and I probably ovulated just before the iui based on the bw and us.  I only got one follicle on Femara though (and a raging migraine for a couple days), so we moved on to injectables.

We are on CD3 with 150iu of Puregon/Follitsm this cycle for CD2-5, then we're going in CD6 for a follicle check - and will probably continue injections to Day 10.  Then we'll do the Ovidrel trigger shot and progesterone suppositories.   The injections don't hurt but the medication stings when it goes in for awhile, otherwise - no side effects (yet!).  We are hoping for 3 good follicles for the iui.

Good Luck.  It is hard getting over a bad first cycle, but I recommend at least a trigger shot next time to make sure you ovulate - that frozen sperm is expensive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    OMG!! I'm sorry to hear that. you know my feelings were  hurt when I seen this ! I thought we were going to both have good news. i'm alone again Sad
  • Options

So sorry to hear that your first try didn't work! Best of luck for the next one.

I used femara for my last two IUIs - I had no side effects except for the first time I was taking it in the morning and it made me a bit sleepy, so for the second round I took it at night. I only had an ultrasound the first time I used femara, and had two mature follicles.

For the second to last try I had an ovidrel trigger shot too, and I had some bloating and  PMS-y type side effects.

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    I got a call from the doctor's office and here is the new plan. I start taking provera and on cd3 start Clomid til cd10. On cd10 I go for an ultrasound from there I will go for daily blood work to test for the lh surge no more testing at home.

Would it be to forward to ask for a trigger shot To make sure that I ovulate? I just don't want to get to it and have the same problem. I had the lh surge on the at home test and I didn't ovulate.

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

• Options

Hi!

What worked for us:

Used an RE

Had HSG 

25mg. Follistim

Regular ultrasounds to determine developing follicles

Trigger shot

1 IUI with KD sperm (numbers were good, not great, but everything looked good)

I ate pineapple, did a couple self acupressure (no training, just looked up pressure points and rubbed 'em), and general lack of exercise (because my ovaries felt like they were 3 lbs each, not because I really think it helps to not move)

And we were pregnant!

But everyone (RE, nurses, friends) said it NEVER happens that fast, so be gentle to yourself.  I'm 35, so we wanted to "kick start" my cycle, which is why we went right to drugs and trigger, as per RE's suggestion.

Good luck! 

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options

It's so hard not to get discouraged, believe me, I know.  It took us 8, yes 8 IUI's before we got our positive result.

• Options
    Just wanted to echo what Manada said about how much it sucks to have cycles that fail before you have even really started. Sending you lots of good vibes for your new plan!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for sharing and support.

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

• Options

It took us 9 IUI tries to get pregnant...

The first three were with Clomid at my OB/GYN office. All were unsuccessful, so she sent me to an RE. RE did every test known to man and found nothing wrong. So did two more tries with femara. Unsuccessful. But they were screwing up the timing. Each time I took the OPK and surged, they'd have me come in 24 hours later. And each time, I'd already ovulated. So I told them I must ovulate earlier than average, so I wanted to come in earlier and use multiple vials. They said statistically, it wouldn't help.

So instead of doing what I asked, they suggested a trigger shot, HCG, and progesterone supplements. All of which turned me into a crazy, psycho person and *still* didn't work.

So we decided to do it at home with no drugs. I started seeing an acupuncturist and a maya massage therapist. Our first home attempt was bad timing (though we learned a lot) and was unsuccessful. We switched donors and tried two more times. On the second try (with new donor, without drugs, with acupuncture and maya massage), I got a BFP. We used multiple vials spread out over a 24-hour window.

I'm due in October and we're both excited and terrified. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejenwnej:

It took us 9 IUI tries to get pregnant...

The first three were with Clomid at my OB/GYN office. All were unsuccessful, so she sent me to an RE. RE did every test known to man and found nothing wrong. So did two more tries with femara. Unsuccessful. But they were screwing up the timing. Each time I took the OPK and surged, they'd have me come in 24 hours later. And each time, I'd already ovulated. So I told them I must ovulate earlier than average, so I wanted to come in earlier and use multiple vials. They said statistically, it wouldn't help.

So instead of doing what I asked, they suggested a trigger shot, HCG, and progesterone supplements. All of which turned me into a crazy, psycho person and *still* didn't work.

So we decided to do it at home with no drugs. I started seeing an acupuncturist and a maya massage therapist. Our first home attempt was bad timing (though we learned a lot) and was unsuccessful. We switched donors and tried two more times. On the second try (with new donor, without drugs, with acupuncture and maya massage), I got a BFP. We used multiple vials spread out over a 24-hour window.

I'm due in October and we're both excited and terrified. :)

I looked in to acupuncture a little bit. I go to a chiropractor every 6 weeks and he also specializes in acupuncture I am going to see him next Monday. I am just a little confused as how often you should go or at what point in your cycle should you go in or do you go in more than once during your cycle? Any advice on that would be great J

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"