Parenting after a Loss

Well that stinks

The last 3 nights Raylan really has slept terribly, H has started his new job and I'm home alone with him ALLL day....no breaks.  So combine that with the exhaustion and I just feel run down.  My mom lives pretty close so I gave in and called and asked if I could bring him over and have her watch him just a few hours so I could get a real nap... and she's too busy.  Really?  You don't have 2 hours at any point today?  She doesn't work... doesn't volunteer.... no kids at home....

Anyways, it just really stinks when you give in and just ask for help b/c you need a break and it doesn't work.  I'm just tired and the weekend feels so far away.  DH is exhausted too... I'm trying to take on much more MOTN duties so he's not so tired and commuting so far, but he still wakes up when R wakes up.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Well that stinks

• I'm sorry but I'm really pissed at your mom right now.  What is she "too busy" doing that would prevent her from spending time with her grandson and helping her daughter.  If it were me that would entitle her to me being a d!ck to her the next time she asked for Raylan time.  But anyway, I'm sorry that happened.  Have you thought about the two of you maybe getting out for a bit?  I know you're exhausted but sometimes I found it really refreshing to leave the house.  Granted I was on maternity leave during the middle of a lovely Midwestern summer, and it's February and I'm not sure where you're located, but maybe just a trip to Starbucks or something for the two of you, get out of the house, get some new scenery, you know?  And it might wear him out a bit to the point where he might sleep better later.  DS always seemed to sleep well when we got out and did lots of stuff during the day.  Probably from all the stimulation.  Sorry you're having a rough time!  It will get better!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• imagePeanut2929:
    I'm sorry but I'm really pissed at your mom right now.  What is she "too busy" doing that would prevent her from spending time with her grandson and helping her daughter.  If it were me that would entitle her to me being a d!ck to her the next time she asked for Raylan time.  But anyway, I'm sorry that happened.  Have you thought about the two of you maybe getting out for a bit?  I know you're exhausted but sometimes I found it really refreshing to leave the house.  Granted I was on maternity leave during the middle of a lovely Midwestern summer, and it's February and I'm not sure where you're located, but maybe just a trip to Starbucks or something for the two of you, get out of the house, get some new scenery, you know?  And it might wear him out a bit to the point where he might sleep better later.  DS always seemed to sleep well when we got out and did lots of stuff during the day.  Probably from all the stimulation.  Sorry you're having a rough time!  It will get better!!

i don't know why she is so busy I was peeved and didn't want to chat.  As far as taking him out....I did yesterday, we were out almost all day, then a great nap, I was super hopeful for last night.  We will do about the same today though because at least the day time was really good...guzzle coffee time. Sigh. 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Wow.  That really is tough.. I'd be pretty pissed with your Mom..

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough spot!  Hopefully Raylan gets his sleep schedule sorted out, soon! Sleep is a necessity in order to keep your patience throughout the day... 

(((Big Hugs to you!!)))

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Thanks ladies...the good news is when H got out of the shower he said he slept well last night, so at least I accomplished one goal and don't have to worry about him on his long drive.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• I'd watch him for you for a few hours! :)

I must say that I am truly blessed to have family on both sides that are jumping at the bit to be able to have DD. We have a wedding to go to and both sides were fighting over who was going to keep her so we split it up evenly.

Sorry your mom wouldn't help...hopefully she has good reason that you don't know about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im sorry, that stinks. Good for you for asking for help though,don't let her stop you from asking others. You need a break once in awhile.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"