September 2011 Moms
Options

Highchair or Booster?

What LO's are wanting to  sit at the table?

Bo will eat breakfast and lunch just fine in his highchair! Dinner...Well, if my H is home, he is wanting to be at the table with us! BTDT moms, does this mean I should be buying a booster? Or remain consistent and only offer the highchair as a place to eat?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Highchair or Booster?

• Options
    Do whichever you are comfortable with. We moved DD1 to a booster at 18 months because we were sick of tripping over the high chair :) DD2 moved to a booster this weekend because she wanted to be at the table with us. So I say if you're comfortable with a booster give it a try!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We bought a booster when we moved into the new house in Oct.  Just not enough room in the kitchen for a high chair.  She does really well with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this.  N is in a FP space saver so she is on a real chair but has a tray.  I'd like to move her to the table as I think she'd like it but the stupid arms on the chair mean it won't come up to the table (I guess new version fixed this problem) so I will have to get separate booster unfortunately and just haven't done it yet.
  • Options

Logan has been in a booster for about 2 months now. We were having a hard time getting him to stay in a highchair and didn't know what to do and coincidentally we went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and they had a booster/highchair thing which was like a highchair that fit in the booth and he loved sitting "with us" and it was life changing for meal time! LOL

Like a previous poster said, do whatever makes you comfortable and makes Bo happy. I think that these babies are at an age where they want to feel independent and like they're big boys/girls instead of babies.  

• Options

We have a space saver high chair and an antique kitchen table (read: weird height) so we're lucky that the space saver fits nice nice at the kitchen table and we don't need to get a separate booster.  Some days we use her tray, sometimes we put her suction cup placement on the table and she sits at the table.  It sort of depends on what she's eating and how messy it is.

Miriammichelle - On The Border Mexican restaurant has those booster hybrid things that fit in the booth, too.  They're awesome!  I love they they're like a booster seat, but taller and still have something to hold LO in place.  I wish all restaurants had those.  DD would jump right out of a regular restaurant booster seat and climb across the table.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    or high chair turns into a booster, we kind of go between right now depending on if H is home (he wants to sit with H) and how messy his meal is.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    L is still in a highchair, but I've been thinking about getting a booster seat.  I think she'd do really well in one.

• Options
    Halle is still in a highchair, but only because Kai is still in the booster (less wiggly than on the big chair) and I am too cheap to buy a second booster.  I keep thinking of transitioning them both, just haven't got there yet!
  • Options
    Max is in a high chair. He seems to be pretty happy in it so I don't have plans to switch him to a booster yet. 
  • Options

K has been in a booster since around 10 months. We all sit at the table together. If the highchair is working, then keep doing it. 

A tip: make sure there is enough room for his whole thigh to fit under the table. If not he will push off the table with his feet. Picture the cool kids in school who lean back in their chairs and then fall backwards....

K is one of those "cool" kids. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are still using he highchair but I've been thinking about converting it to a booseter seat since she's been a little fuzzy in it lately.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Booster for all three meals 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"