Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep Easy/waking question..

Hi ladies!

Okay - we used the sleep easy method about a month & a half ago, and it worked great for my son (well, all of us - lol!) And he started sleeping through, waking once at around 3am to nurse.

Well, about 2 weeks ago he started getting up 3 times again. Which still isn't the 5-8 times he was getting up before we used sleep easy, but I'm still exhausted again.

When he wakes he fusses and then it turns into crying.. I let him go maybe 10-15 minutes to see what happens, but I usually get up and try to soothe him because he won't go back down by himself. It's just strange, 'cause he'll go down by himself great initially. Maybe separation anxiety or maybe he's really hungry all of those times? I don't know, because he eats sometimes and then just comfort nurses the rest.. and I always detach him when this happens, as I don't want it to become a habit.  

He naps okay during the day, two naps about 1 hour long (maybe 1.5 if we're lucky)  and he eats very well during the day too. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or if he's just going through a phase? I don't want to let it go if he really needs to be comforted or? 

Anyone else go through this?

Thanks! 

Re: Sleep Easy/waking question..

• Options
    Could he be teething or getting sick?  For my LO when he has stretches of good sleep and all of the sudden starts waking 2 or 3 times a night, it's because he's teething or getting a cold.  When the tooth finally comes through or the sickness goes away, he goes right back to sleeping through the night or at least with only 1 wake up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

growth spurt? teething? sick? hungry?

the list is endless.

DD sleeps great from 7pm-11 or 12 and then wakes up and I have to get in her room in enough time to give her the pacifier to get her to self soothe back to sleep.

DD also does this- she wakes and fusses and if I can get in there before she cries she can get back to sleep! Does he use a pacifier?

Are you doing solids yet?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the reply-

He could be beginning to get another tooth, but I've been checking his mouth daily for any signs and nothing! So, I don't know.

I was guessing growth spurt as well, but figured after a couple weeks it would be getting better. Ugh, I wish we knew what they were going through! 

No, he never used a pacifier - he just plays with them now. And yes, he's on solids twice a day (with a few snacks as well) and he nurses about 5-6 times during the day too.. I always try to make sure he's fed good, with milk first. 

Sooo, I don't know. I hope it's just a phase.. I don't want to have to sleep train again in the middle of the night :( 

• Options

Yes there is always something with DD as well.

We start her bed time routine around 7 and I'd say she is asleep by 7:30 or 8.

Do you have a cut off nap time?

We don't let DD sleep past 5. We just started this and honestly I've seen no change in her sleep pattern..just that she is more cranky with me until 7 when I start to get her bath ready- haha

• Options
    Yup - my cut off for nap time is 5 too.. and I have noticed no difference whether he stays up 'til 7 or 8.. or any change, for that matter! Even with more food.. I even cut out solids for awhile thinking he was gassy.. nope! Still happened.

I don't think there's really a rhyme or reason for some things.. but I wish there was! He would be so much happier with some consistent sleep, and so would his parents ;) 
  • Options

I hear ya and understand completely!

DD was up twice last night. She went down at 7:30pm and was up at 11:30 or so and wouldn't take her paicifer, so I changed her and fed her about 2 oz, which she barely ate and fell back asleep.

I don't get it. Then she was up again at 5.

It's becoming a routine. I need to fix it hahah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"