Success after IF

That was quick - biopsy results back

My doctor called me last night.  Nice of him to call me at home after hours but way to freak a person out.   Anyway, it's not all good news and it's not all bad news but really, I wish there wasn't any bad news at all, but there is.

The biopsy of the worse of the two lesions actually came back totally clean (good news).  He thinks the first biopsy actually took all the bad cells as there was nothing wrong with any of the tissue he took on Monday.

The biopsy of the "better" of the two lesions came back NOT showing clean margins (bad news).  We're left not knowing if there are any bad cells still there.  When they take the tissue they cauterize the edges and my doc said he moves out even further than necessary to try and make sure to get any and all bad cells but you can't know if you got them all if there aren't clean margins.  

So, I'll have another pap in three months.  There's nothing that can be done now since my cervix has to heal before they can tell anything more.  Hopefully that pap will be good and I can move on and start thinking about hurrying up and doing a frozen embryo transfer.  If my pap is bad though then I'm in trouble.  My doc said he'd do another Leep to try and preserve my fertility but that his honest opinion would be that I should get a hysterectomy.  Ugh.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

Re: That was quick - biopsy results back

• I'm glad there is some good news!  I'm so sorry about the bad news, that must be so scary, and a lot to weigh on your mind.  Sending tons of T&P that the next pap comes back clean.  Hugs.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I'm glad there was some good news, sorry about the bad.  Hoping your next pap is clean!
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Loading the player...
  • Hope your next pap comes back good. Sending lots of t p's your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad there is some good news. Hoping your next pap looks good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I am so sorry that you still have to worry about this! I wish it was all good news. But it does sound like the chances are good that he got everything and that your next pap will be all clear. Sending tons of thoughts and prayers that this is the case. (((((hugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • I'm so sorry about the bad news but happy you got some good news as well. Hoping your next pap comes back normal!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• Ugh. I'm sorry you are going through this. T&P that your next pap comes back with no bad cells.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I am sorry you are stuck in limbo until the next pap :( sending t&p's your way & I hope everything looks good in 3 months time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sorry about the bad news.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I'm sorry about the bad margins. Why are they recommending a hysterectomy? I know this is kind of a sensitive subject but I've had abnormal paps. I think I've had 4-5 leeps and 1 cone biopsy. That's part of the reason Dh and I are going to try for another baby ASAP after this baby is born. Because of the frequent abnormal paps, damage to my cervix from the biopsies and leeps, and my endo I will get a hysterectomy after that. They didn't start to recommend it until I had numerous issues so I wouldn't rush into a hysterectomy if you're not ready.
  • Sorry you have to be in limbo for the next few months. Hopefully he got everything.

• Hugs. This cant be easy being in limbo and having to wait things out. T Ps headed your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FX next pap comes back clean!  {{hugs}}
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • I hope your next pap comes back clean so you won't have to worry about it anymore!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • I'm sorry you had to deal with any bad news at all, but glad that it wasn't all bad. Hopefully your doctor got all of the bad cells out and your next pap will be 100% clean so you can move forward. Fingers firmly crossed for you.  

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• imagenew+tothis:
    I'm sorry about the bad margins. Why are they recommending a hysterectomy? I know this is kind of a sensitive subject but I've had abnormal paps. I think I've had 4-5 leeps and 1 cone biopsy. That's part of the reason Dh and I are going to try for another baby ASAP after this baby is born. Because of the frequent abnormal paps, damage to my cervix from the biopsies and leeps, and my endo I will get a hysterectomy after that. They didn't start to recommend it until I had numerous issues so I wouldn't rush into a hysterectomy if you're not ready.

He's only recommending the hysterectomy if my paps continue to be abnormal and I remain HPV positive.  I'm 41 so I'm at the end of my child-bearing years.  We're done trying on our own or doing treatments other than doing a frozen embryo transfer so that we can give our little frosty it's best chance at life.

A big reason he's saying hysterectomy is how quickly my condition happened.  I had a pap test done 10 months ago in the first trimester of my last pregnancy and it was totally normal, as had all the ones for about six years prior been normal.  So, things went from normal to CIN III lesions in around 10 months.  Things aren't supposed to happen that quickly with cervical cancer so I think my doctor is concerned that if there still are bad cells it would be better to rid myself of things altogether rather than risk it coming back, being missed on a pap or having it happen again so fast and become invasive cancer.  Right now I'm just hoping I don't need to have that discussion ever, or at least until after we do the frozen transfer and hopefully have our last baby.

I hope things go smoothly with you.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• How scary. Hugs and hope the 3m wait goes fast. Fx that the follow up is clear. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• I'm so sorry about your results. Hoping your next pap comes back normal!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"