Babies: 3 - 6 Months

formula moms

What type of water do you use with your powdered formula? I have heard so many options and so many 'don'ts'.... My DD is almost 5 months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: formula moms

• Pedi told us filtered water at room temp. We just bought a Brita pitcher and keep that filled and out on the counter. We've been using it since birth and have been good.
  • Mine said tap water was fine as long as you have city water. Well water should be boiled.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use tap water and the pediatrician approved. I make it a little warm. My daughter won't drink a cold bottle!
  • We just put a PUR filter system on our tap and use that. Before we bought that we used to buy the purified gallons at the grocery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • boiled tap water that has been cooled to room temp.  pedi told us not to use bottled water (on vacation) because it may contain too many minerals.

I just make a kettle full of water at night and by morning, I have more than enough to last all day

• imagemaggielcombs:
    We just put a PUR filter system on our tap and use that. Before we bought that we used to buy the purified gallons at the grocery.

Us exctly 

• We use Gerber Pure water. 
  • we have well water so I use bottled water for her. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagetwinkjk:
    We use Gerber Pure water. 

Me too.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • We usually use ready-to-feed formula, but when we have to use powdered, I use whatever water is available.  Pedi said tap was fine as long as it's not well water.  (My city has crazy clean water standards though, so ask your pedi.)  If we're at a restaurant, I just ask the waitress to bring some room-temp/warm water. 

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • imageNewsie96:
    We use tap water and the pediatrician approved. I make it a little warm. My daughter won't drink a cold bottle!

Ditto this. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're on a well with water softener & uv lamp.  So, we're able to use tap water for bottles.

• Tap city water.
  • I just use water out of the faucet. I make it room temp or close to it.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"