September 2011 Moms
Options

NOT picking up after LO

So at the end of last week I had had it with cleaning up after Hurricane Owen all day every day. We live in a 2 br condo and his play space is our living room, right in the open. So I find myself cleaning up all the time, or else I am stepping over everything all day and I hate that.

So today I thought about NOT picking up after him all day and see where that gets me. It is only 7:35 and so far we have a mega blocks wagon with blocks in my one bathroom. All the DVDs and books taken off the shelf, and a stack of H's clean folded laundry all thrown on the floor in my bedroom, plus tax paperwork I just spotted, and tons of toys already out in the living room.

So this is not going to work.

Do you pick up after your LO ALL stinkin day too?

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NOT picking up after LO

• Options
    imagemanda26:
    So at the end of last week I had had it with cleaning up after Hurricane Owen all day every day. We live in a 2 br condo and his play space is our living room, right in the open. So I find myself cleaning up all the time, or else I am stepping over everything all day and I hate that.So today I thought about NOT picking up after him all day and see where that gets me. It is only 7:35 and so far we have a mega blocks wagon with blocks in my one bathroom. All the DVDs and books taken off the shelf, and a stack of H's clean folded laundry all thrown on the floor in my bedroom, plus tax paperwork I just spotted, and tons of toys already out in the living room.So this is not going to work.Do you pick up after your LOnbsp;ALLnbsp;stinkinnbsp;day too?

No! Haha. Most days he goes to daycare, so he only has about an hour at night to make a mess...those nights, I usually just clean up most of it after he goes to bed. Sometimes I just leave it. On days that we're home all day, I try to pick up a little at nap time, but that doesn't always happen.

Basically, our house is a toy mess a lot. Haha. If people come over, we clean. If my husband gets sick of the mess, he cleans...but that rarely happens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When DD1 was this age, yes I was cleaning up after her constantly. She would sometimes "help" by throwing things in bins if she saw me cleaning up, but for the most part I was her maid :P

Now I just let the mess go until nap/bed times and we do a whole family clean up then. DD1 is responsible for most of her toys, and DD2 "helps" because she wants to do everything big sister does. I pick up a few things here and there just so I don't have to hear "Mommy! You're not helping!" 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel better that I am not alone, but this part of being a SAHM sucks!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I clean up during naptime and after be goes to bed. I feel like I am constantly cleaning all day long. 
  • Options

imagefaupanda:
    Sometimes.  I put away laundry and other things that would upset me (like tax paperwork) so she can't get it.  As far as her toys, they are usually all around the dining room (her play room), living room, and foyer. 

This but D is in daycare during the day.  The practice clean up there so I try to enforce it at home too.  Before bed we'll pick up most if not all the toys she got out.  She helps but Mama & Daddy do a majority of it.  I'm just glad we are getting her involved. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hahaha no I don't. First I keep all his toys (actually the ones likes to play with for now) in our family room... That's his playroom. Usually I have a gate there so de doesn't run off all over the house if I want to sit down and not running after him, BUT that doesn't mean that he doesn't throw his toys over the gate so you can see most of tha balls ans small toys in the living room. I pick everything when he naps and when he goes to bed at night.

• Options
    imagememali26:

When DD1 was this age, yes I was cleaning up after her constantly. She would sometimes "help" by throwing things in bins if she saw me cleaning up, but for the most part I was her maid :P

Now I just let the mess go until nap/bed times and we do a whole family clean up then. DD1 is responsible for most of her toys, and DD2 "helps" because she wants to do everything big sister does. I pick up a few things here and there just so I don't have to hear "Mommy! You're not helping!" 

This exactly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I clean for 1 hour after both babies are in bed. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We have a separate playroom, so I allow toys to stay out in there. But I will pick up the balls a hundred times a day! If I am cleaning up blocks, he will dump cars. Then I pick up the cars, and he will dump animals... It never ends!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're in the same situation-2 BR house, so L's playroom is our living room.  I do feel like I clean all day.  I usually just get the worst of it a few times during the day, and then have L "help" me before she goes to bed.  Some days I just move the worst offenders, like her book basket, ball bucket, and other things she likes to dump, out of the room to keep my sanity.  I also spend some time with her playing in her room, which is where a lot of her other toys are.  It's easier to clean in there because she gets occupied with other things and doesnt' follow me around making everything worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"