January 2013 Moms
Options

Growth Spurt Sleep Question

My LO has slept 5 to 7 hours at night since week 4. Ok'd by doc not to wake him to feed. However for the last 4 to 5 days he's only sleeping 3 to 4 hours before he wakes up starving. Is this part of the 6 week growth spurt and will he go back to longer stretches of sleep at night? I'm exhausted!

Re: Growth Spurt Sleep Question

• Options
    My LO's sleep schedule has gone through distinct phases depending on his growth spurts.  My guy has never slept as long as yours but he went a couple of weeks sleeping 3-4 hours at a time the back to an hour to and hour and a half at a time then back to sleeping in longer stretches.  Give it a few days, he'll probably be back to sleeping longer.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Umm, I'm so jealous! My son will be 8 weeks on Sunday. He sleeps a longer stretch when he first goes down for the night, between 3 and 4 hours. After that it's every 1 1/22 hours! I feel like a zombie.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I must add that during his first stretch of sleep I am usually not ready for bed yet. Go figure!
  • Options
    He'll make his way back to longer stretches.  Their sleep is constantly evolving, especially when they're so young because there is so much going on with physical and mental development.  It's likely it's just a growth spurt and will work itself out in a handful of days or so. 
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Holy cow I'm jealous. 3-4 hours is the longest either if our girls will sleep on a good night!! ;)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I think it must be. My lo is 6 weeks and she was such a great sleeper this past weekend and now she was up to eat all night long.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think that's normal, Eloise is an awful sleeper though.
  • Options
    My LO has been going back and forth at well. Sometimes he'll sleep 7 hours, sometimes just 4. Last night it was 5. I think at this point they're still working out a sleep schedule so nothing is really consistent. Like you said I think a lot of it has to do with growth. Sometimes he'll drink 4-5 oz at night and sometimes just 2 oz.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow I'm jealous!! My lo sleeps about 2 consistently then wakes up at each 2 hour interval. H
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Whoops wasn't done, how des your lo nap during the day, about how many hours?
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, are you breastfeeding or using formula?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was coming with a similar question.  Kinsley has been consistently sleeping 4-6+ hours to start the night and last night it was every 2 hours or less.  I'm a mess today.  I'm blaming it on a growth spurt for my sanity.  At least growth spurts don't last too long.
  • Options
    imagelynz797:
    Wow, are you breastfeeding or using formula?

I formula and BF. I have a low supply so I have to supplement with formula. I BF first then bottle feed after, the amount of formula varies by feeding. Only downside is his feedings take FORever. He'll nurse 1015 min each breast then to make the bottle, him eat again, change and burp him takes 45 min to an hour. It's brutal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"