January 2013 Moms
Options

Breast milk question

Can you re refrigerate a warm bottle of breast milk *DD only drank 2 1/2oz out of the 4 she usually drinks*

imageimage

Re: Breast milk question

• Options
    I've been told yes, but it has to be used within 2 hours...
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everything I've read points to no, to discard whatever is left after a feeding.  Breast milk can be left at room temperature for 6-8 hours, I wonder if it'd be safe to leave it out in case she wants a snack in a little while.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LC told me you can, as long as it wasn't previously frozen. Not sure how quickly it needs to be used when recooled, we've always just used it at the next feed.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I believe there is no exact research to say for sure yes or no. I have a couple times and used it in 24 hours. But only reoffer it once then discard.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Options
    imagethemrsbird:
    I've been told yes, but it has to be used within 2 hours...

I was under this impression as well. At least according to kellymom and my lc. Once they start to suck on the bottle they introduce bacteria to the milk.
  • Options

Thanks ladies for your input... I have read so many things about it, I didn't know which advice to take... I e-mailed DD pedi when I posted this, she got back to me this morning and said... yes, it's fine but HAS to be used within 2 hours, otherwise discard

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"