January 2013 Moms
Options

2 month vaccinations are no joke

DS got 3 shots this morning and spent the rest of the day sleeping or screaming.  The screaming is a miserable, "in pain", scream that was not easily soothed and had a low grade fever.  It broke my heart.

It seems that he's feeling better now but he's wide awake still and doesn't seem like he'll go to bed anytime soon.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 month vaccinations are no joke

• Options
    I am very worried about this. Sorry to hear LO is feeling bad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh this makes me feel terrible and stressed out. I know she needs them but I hate knowing that she'll be in pain.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't get the day off at work for my sons shot appointment:( My husband has to go alone. If it wasn't my first week at a brand new job, I would be calling out! He had ONE at four weeks and it almost killed me!
  • Options
    I'm a lurker on this board but my LO just got hers on Tuesday. She was the same?went from sleeping to screaming in 0 seconds. Luckily we got her vaxs done in the morning so by the time midnight rolled around she was tired and slept for a good 4 hour stretch. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD is getting hers next week :
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh poor thing! We go in about 2 weeks and I am terrified. I think I'll need to leave the room, I'll be a wreck if he screams in pain. DH will have to suck it up.
  • Options
    We go in Thursday. My mom recommended nursing him through the shots...we'll see if that helps at all...
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepalomaxbella:
    I'm a lurker on this board but my LO just got hers on Tuesday. She was the same?went from sleeping to screaming in 0 seconds. Luckily we got her vaxs done in the morning so by the time midnight rolled around she was tired and slept for a good 4 hour stretch. 

me too, he felt awful until around 9 pm then was wide awake and happy until midnight.  He just woke up after sleeping 5 1/2 hours which is a record for him. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Options
    Same thing here. I was crying along with her I felt so bad. I checked with my doula and gave her tylenol. It helped a ton. But minimum weight is 12 lbs or you have to consult a doctor. At least what we had was. DD was exactly 12 so I just gave her a little less.

Edit: I definitely recommend nursing through the shots.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Options

DSs are tomorrow. I'm hoping they will go ok...I plan to take a bottle along. Did any of you give pain medication?

Edit: give pain medication afterwards...I know it's not recommended before. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

imagejobiann:
    DSs are tomorrow. I'm hoping they will go ok...I plan to take a bottle along. Did any of you give pain medication?

I gave him some infant tyelenol once he developed a low grade fever later in the evening. 

• Options
    My LO has her 2 month vaccinations on the 5th. Yipees! Im nervous
  • Options
    Dosing with acetaminophen prior to vaccination can potentially reduce the efficacy of the vaccine so it's not recommended.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

My DDs did fine with the 2m vaccinations -- they were just a bit sleepy afterwards. They HOWLED for the Synagis shots -- DD2 was so shocked by it she completely held her breath between sobs for an uncomfortably long amount of time. 

I definitely hate going in to get the girls' shots (we have the 4 month round-up next week), but it's nothing compared to seeing DD1 catheterized at 32w or intubated at birth. I guess there's one perk of the whole NICU experience -- it definitely toughened me up!

In all seriousness -- these LOs are the touch ones, and we're the wimps, for sure. ;) 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagesbevmc09:
    Dosing with acetaminophen prior to vaccination can potentially reduce the efficacy of the vaccine so it's not recommended.

Yes, this is what his doctor told us...but I figured afterwards I could give him something to help cut any pain...course I'll ask the doctor her recommendations at the appointment. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    My nephew got his today & we're going for them in an hour. Hoping she's not too fussy! I guess my nephew took them like a champ.
  • Options
    Yes i agree my Lo also got her 2mnth vaccinations &spent the nxt few days cranky..&crying!!!! omg i'm so happy a week has gone by its much better now!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dreading this as well. However, after already sitting through DS's frenulectomy (tongue tie clipping), I'm hoping I can handle it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS are tomorrow. Im not really worried about it. DD always handled them pretty well so im hoping DS is the same.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    Poor DS!

• Options
    Great....we have ours Monday....
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My poor baby had them Monday. He was so happy and smiling right before I felt so bad for him when he felt them and started wailing (crying). I gave him some motrin and fed him right after and he slepped for the next 4 hrs. Then woke up super cranky again and even after his feeding he was fussy. I could tell my poor baby was in pain. He was pretty fussy that night but  by the next day he had forgotten all about them.  He did get a low grade fever as well.  Good luck mamas. Its no fun seeing your babies in pain but just remember this is for their own good.
    photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"