January 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep help

LO will only sleep if he is cuddling. DH works very late hours most nights so that leaves me by myself. I'm lucky if I get dinner anymore. I've tried getting him to sleep and then putting him in his bassinet. He wakes back up. I've tried swaddling and not swaddling with no luck. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep help

• Options
    Have you tried baby wearing? I have had many a meal with DS in the ergo. It also puts him in deep enough sleep they if he is not napping, I can get one started in the ergo and end up putting him down without an issue.
  • Options
    Lurking from feb board. I am in the same situation so I am wondering what others have to say. My LO is only 8 days old and will only sleep on me. Very short naps in a seat, swing, etc. My mom says spoiled already which feels crazy! She just came out, she needs some loving!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby wearing is a good option, I love my Ergo. Right now I've been trying to get Eloise to sleep for the past 3 hours and 20 minutes... some nights are more difficult than others :/
  • Options

imageashmfaircloth:
    Lurking from feb board. I am in the same situation so I am wondering what others have to say. My LO is only 8 days old and will only sleep on me. Very short naps in a seat, swing, etc. My mom says spoiled already which feels crazy! She just came out, she needs some loving!

Is your mom my mom? lol. I had the same problem. Swaddling has helped tremendously along with the RnP. My mom says my lo is spoiled as well and he's only 6 weeks. I'm going to enjoy every time we nap together cause I go back to work in 6 weeks and it wont happen any more :/. Enjoy that baby.  

• Options

Mine was the same way for the first 7 weeks or so. I spent many nights on the sofa surrounded by pillows in case I fell asleep I wouldn't drop him.  He does better now, I swaddle him tightly still and put him in his crib once he's asleep. I have a bassinet in my  room that he still won't stay in longer than 10 minutes so he sleeps in his room.  I tried a rock n play, swing, bassinet and nothing worked.

keep cuddling him if he needs it, babies this small need their mommies a lot which is really hard on us but great for them. I don't think I've eaten a hot meal since he was born except when I've had him in the moby.  If DH isn't around to hold him so I can make breakfast/lunch I forget to eat.  I'm sure it'll  get better for you, it just takes a little time.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• Options
    imagethis decaf life:
    Baby wearing is a good option, I love my Ergo. Right now I've been trying to get Eloise to sleep for the past 3 hours and 20 minutes... some nights are more difficult than others :/

I totally agree. I'll put DD in the K'Tan on days she doesn't want to be put down and I want to get stuff done.
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Some babies just need to be held more, it will be tough on you for the first few months, but once the figure out crawling and rolling, they are allover the place!

Eating wise.. get sb to cook in bulk for you, so you can microwave yourself a hot meal. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

DD is still sleeping either on me or in her swing for all naps and overnight.  She hates swaddling.

She won't sleep flat or in a big open space like the pack n play, I think she feels too vulerable.

Try proping one end of the bassinet up??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"