January 2013 Moms
Options

Changing nipple flow

At what point do you change the nipples on bottles from slow flow to medium... ect. What signs does LO give that makes you know you need to up the flow

Re: Changing nipple flow

• Options
    Nipple collapsing when sucking, or you can go by what that specific bottle company recommends ie. avent has newborn, 1 month, 3 month...so on nipples
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do you breastfeed?

Most BF babies never change nipple flow and always stay on the slow or 0-3 month size. Otherwise the milk will come too fast for them and they will much prefer a bottle to the breast. Everything I've read and from talking to people says not to change the size (if breast feeding).

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Born Free and we just moved to level 2 yesterday. A few days ago LO starting crying and fighting the bottle which he has never done. I gave it a shot and its working so far. Only prob is now he's frustrated with the breast.... 6th week has been a fussy brutal one
  • Options
    imageSPK926:
    Do you breastfeed?Most BF babies never change nipple flow and always stay on the slow or 03 month size. Otherwise the milk will come too fast for them and they will much prefer a bottle to the breast. Everything I've read and from talking to people says not to change the size if breast feeding.

This. I BF for almost a year and never changed. We only used slow flow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DD1 started fighting with us during feedings a couple of days ago, which we thought might be because she was getting frustrated with the slower flow -- she would suck SO hard she'd forget to breathe (also due to her preemie-induced slow learning to feed, but this was more than she'd done in prior weeks)...so we moved up a flow level, and had some better feedings, but she's still fighting us here and there. 

We're not sure if it's maybe reflux, or when some goes down the wrong tube (even tho she doesn't audibly choke), she gets upset and just wants to quit, etc. We've gotten to the point where we have to go all 5Ss on her during the feed to calm her down and get her to keep going. Definitely a discussion we'll be having with our neo during today's follow up appt! 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I FF but I went from Avent 0 month to 1 month nipple with no problem. The only issue I have with the Avent bottles are all the bubbles but I like that they have more options with nipple flow.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"