Minnesota Babies
Options

BCBS MN

Anyone have insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield MN and get a breast pump? I am getting frustrated with how much work it's taking to get a pump and have them cover it. They said I have to get one from an innetwork provider, but my hospital quit selling them, and the medical supply places in my town don't carry them. I have an Rx from my dr for one now, but the pharmacies in my town don't fulfill them. Any ideas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BCBS MN

• Options
    There was a law change last year about breast pump coverage, correct?  If so this may be outdated.  When I inquired in 2010 I was told I would need to purchase the pump and submit my receipt and they would deduct the purchase amount from my deductible for the year. 
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes a new law went into effect on Jan 1. It was supposed to make getting a pump easier, but so far it seems way more complicated.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have BX MN as well. Will you please update or PM if you find out anything! I'd love to get a better pump. I just bought a cheaper one when my LO was born. Good luck to you!!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I don't have BCBS, but I got my pump from the home medical supply company attached to the hospital when I was there for my delivery. 

Another resourse to explore is whether your or your spouses employers have an employee assistance program.  I used to work for an EAP administrator and there were some companies that offered breast pumps as a benefit through their EAP.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have BCBS of MN too and asked them about breast pump coverage last week when I called to check on my benefits.  The person I talked to said that as long as my deductible had been hit, they would cover one, so I should make sure the hospital bill goes through first.  Then she said that when the time comes she could provide me with a list of providers to get one through.  
  • Options
    You should be able to search under "DME" for your in network durable medical equipment suppliers.  From there, you'll have to call/email/bother them to find the ones that sell breast pumps (not all of them do).  i don't have blue cross but I was able to eventually get my pump through my insurance but there were definitely hoops to leap through in order to get there.
  • Options

You would think I could search based on DME, but their website doesn't show the network I'm in as an option, so I still can't find in-network providers.

I am continuing the chase... I will let you know if I get anywhere. Please do the same if you have BCBS! 

• Options
    I have BCBS MN through the federal employee plan.  Don't know if its any different than your plan, but my benefits brochure states coverage is available for ameda breast pumps and they have to be ordered by calling
    CVS Caremark 1-800-262-7890
    I haven't tried it yet...my son was born in 2010 before they were covered.  Hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    I have them and last time they gave me MULTIPLE places to choose from. A good place that I think pretty much guarentees them getting them are the ones in hospitals. They will give you as many Med Supply stores as you need.

• Options

I got mine from the hospital when I had DD in 2011, and it was very easy. Can you call Amma Maternity and see if they sell them and would be reimbursed by BCBS?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Options
    imageScooterMcGavin:
    I have BCBS MN through the federal employee plan.  Don't know if its any different than your plan, but my benefits brochure states coverage is available for ameda breast pumps and they have to be ordered by calling
    CVS Caremark 1-800-262-7890

I haven't tried it yet...my son was born in 2010 before they were covered.  Hope that's helpful!

this exactly, we called and they mailed the ameda out in less than 2 weeks

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23