January 2013 Moms
Options

Questions about eating/sleeping

Hello! 

My LO is 4 weeks old today. I am EBF. She currently eats every 2-3 hours during the day.  At night she will usually eat around midnight (DH usually gives a bottle of pumped breast milk at this time because I go to bed between 10 and 11) and will then sleep for 4-5 hours.  Is this normal?  Do I need to be waking her overnight to eat or can I just let her sleep?  So confused!

She was recently diagnosed with reflux after she had a bunch of symptoms and all of a sudden refused to sleep flat on her back for more than 10-20 min.  So for now she naps in her RNP during the day, and sleeps on my chest at night because she often wakes up gasping/coughing/sputtering, and I am afraid she is going to choke. We have seen the pedi for this and are currently treating her for reflux with Zantac.  I am also cutting out dairy from my diet and trying to decrease my overactive supply based on recommendations from my lactation consultant.

I am wondering if we are going to have trouble transitioning her to her crib later or even back to her PNP! Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions about eating/sleeping

• Options
    My pediatrcian said no need to wake them at night, and it's fine to feed on demand once they pass their birth weight. My lc said the same thing. Enjoy your long stretch! My LO gave us a three hour stretch last night after a really good feed and it was heaven!
  • Options
    As long as LO is up to their birth weight, no need to wake them up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No need to wake her at this point!

She will not sleep in the RNP forever, I promise. Smile I know it's hard but try not to worry about the future. If she's sleeping well in the RNP and it's working for her then just leave it. She'll tell you or you'll just know when it's time to transition her and you'll cross that bridge when you get to it.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have our LO sleeping on her side in a positioner in her crib. If you are comfortable with this I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!  I feel better!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"