3rd Trimester
Options

Pants and Underwear soaking wet, but doesn't smell like urine

Hey Ladies,

I was sitting eating dinner with DH at the table and when I stood up I realized that my pants and underwear were really wet. It doesn't smell like urine at all, but I don't remember any "gush" or "leaking" sensation for it to indicate that it could be my water breaking. I'm not having regular contractions (I've had irregular ones for the last week or so), and now that I've changed, and am hyper aware of everything, I don't know what to do really... I don't seem to be "leaking". We're in the middle of a snow storm right now so I don't want to rush off to L&D to have it looked at. Anyone else g through something like this? I am 36 weeks today. Any advice?

Re: Pants and Underwear soaking wet, but doesn't smell like urine

• Options
    Lay down for a while and then when you get up, see if you feel more fluid or not.  If you, I'd definitely call the OB and they will probably want you to come in to test to see if it's you water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd call your OB.  If it doesn't smell like urine, it may have been your water breaking.  Better not chance it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this is super gross, but put a pad in! And lay on your side like they said above. If your leaking, you can tell what color it is and when you stand up, you may feel that gush. I wouldn't wait tho... That kinda stuff can lead to an infection.
  • Options

imagewin9686:
    I know this is super gross, but put a pad in! And lay on your side like they said above. If your leaking, you can tell what color it is and when you stand up, you may feel that gush. I wouldn't wait tho... That kinda stuff can lead to an infection.

I have been wearing pads for the last few weeks because I've had an awful cold and tend to pee when I sneeze. The pad was full, but it wasn't yellow, so I know it wasn't urine. I'm going to give my OB a call.

• Options
    If you are well hydrated, it can be clear and still urine...
  • Options
    All of the above, also, if it was your water breaking it can have a sweet smell to it- gross I know :/ good luck! 
  • Options
    Put in a fresh pad and see if you soak that up in the next 30 minutes to an hour.  If you do, call your doctor, it's most likely your water breaking.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH and I ended up going to L&D. I was still "leaking" when we got there, but it wasn't amniotic fluid. Turns out when you and your partner have "relations" this late your body can create a clear fluid-like discharge to flush you out. So not only was I embarrassed to be sent home (although super glad knowing everything was alright) I also was incredibly embarrassed having to answer questions about how often DH and I have relations lol. He said I turned as red as the walls. Oh well, at least baby is alright and she can continue to "cook" a little while longer =) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"