January 2013 Moms
Options

Poop question

LOs poops have been a mix of mustard yellow and spinach green and pretty watery. We are EBFing. Noticed a little mucous a few days ago, but no more. Thoughts? I am already trying to cut dairy out, in case that's the issue.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poop question

• Options
    DS's are the same way in his last two diapers. I have no idea what the problem is either so I'm no help but at least your not alone!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageReeceFamily:
    LOs poops have been a mix of mustard yellow and spinach green and pretty watery. We are EBFing. Noticed a little mucous a few days ago, but no more. Thoughts? I am already trying to cut dairy out, in case that's the issue.

You pretty much just described DD's poops since birth. Most of the time they are mustard yellow, but a couple times a day they get a green tinge to them. I was told like PPs that it is a hindmilk foremilk imbalance. I notice it more at night time than day. Which I was also told could just be a change in my milk throughout the day.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Probably just a hindmilk foremilk imbalance. Make sure you empty one breast completely before offering the other. For me that means I feed off the same breast for 2 feedings sometimes. DD feeds every 30 minutes at times though so I'm not going 4 hours between feedings when I do that!

Also, I often see people suggest cutting out dairy and while that is a possibility everything I've read is that what a mom eats really (most of the time) doesn't effect our babies. So few babies are actually sensitive to a mom's breast milk based on what she ate. Remember that your body is making milk with exactly what your LO needs in it! I wish I could find the article I just read about this the other day, it was great!!

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:
    If it's happening consistently it's a foremilk hindmilk imbalance

Interesting. LO has actually switched to staying on one boob forever on her own, so maybe that's why. I'll stay with it.
  • Options
    imageSPK926:
    Probably just a hindmilk foremilk imbalance. Make sure you empty one breast completely before offering the other. For me that means I feed off the same breast for 2 feedings sometimes. DD feeds every 30 minutes at times though so I'm not going 4 hours between feedings when I do that!Also, I often see people suggest cutting out dairy and while that is a possibility everything I've read is that what a mom eats really most of the time doesn't effect our babies. So few babies are actually sensitive to a mom's breast milk based on what she ate. Remember that your body is making milk with exactly what your LO needs in it! I wish I could find the article I just read about this the other day, it was great!!

Please post if you find it!
  • Options
    It happens to us too. I have always fed from one side only. The doctor said its fine and not to worry. I find it happens if I've been more engorged. It's definitely from too much fore milk. My body figures it out and adjusts over a few days and the poop goes back to normal. I heard the dairy problem is actually pretty rare so probably not the issue.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD has the same with her diapers. Usually doing two feeds before switching sides works for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"