October 2011 Moms
Options

when do you give milk?

hi ladies.  When are you giving your one year olds milk?  With meals or in between?  Does it matter?  thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when do you give milk?

• Options
    I do it with meals.  Water in-between.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I offer it pretty much all day when he is home with me he is at daycare 4 days a week. He has become such a picky eater, but he loves his milk, so I have it available to him all day so he is getting nutrients that way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I give milk when he wakes up, before nap, and before bed. I give water at meals and throughout the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Lunch, before nap, and supper.  She get JUICE (yes, I said it) at breakfast to help her poo.  She usually has a water cup with her through out the day.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options

imagepennysuedog:
    Lunch, before nap, and supper.  She get JUICE (yes, I said it) at breakfast to help her poo.  She usually has a water cup with her through out the day.

Let it out, Penny!

I give juice too. Not even to make her poop -- because she likes it! I don't think a little OJ with breakfast is going to kill her. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Almost forgot to reply to the original post...

I give a bottle of milk in the AM, milk with meals, and a bottle of milk in the PM. She gets water or juice at other times. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She nurses first thing in the morning, has some milk at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and she drinks water in between. Sometimes she drinks more milk between meals when she asks for it.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

imageCMonkey515:
    I give milk when he wakes up, before nap, and before bed. I give water at meals and throughout the rest of the day.

This is our routine. Plus juice from time to time -- V8 Fusion diluted with water for anyone who cares. 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    He nurses in the morning and before bed, gets milk with lunch and snack.  Water with breakfast, dinner, and between meals if he's thirsty.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She gets milk at breakfast, lunch and dinner, water with snacks and during the day when she asks for it.
  • Options
    Dd gets milk with breakfast and with afternoon snack and water with meals and throughout the day. She gets between 16 and 20 ounces of milk a day.
  • Options
    Both. She gets water and milk with meals and whenever she asks for it "mulk" or "wawa" lol. She probably drinks 1 cup of water and 24 ounces of milk sometimes 32. I don't do juice for her, she eats a ton of fresh fruit.
  • Options
    We give breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then pretty much whenever he seems thirsty I'll decide at that moment if he gets water or milk, depending on what the day was like. He is skinny and some days doesn't eat much more than Cheerios, so giving him milk makes me feel better, like he is getting nutrients some where!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageNittanyMama:

imageCMonkey515:

This is our routine. Plus juice from time to time -- V8 Fusion diluted with water for anyone who cares. 

This is us too. We only keep milk and water in our house, but the other day I was craving juice, so I bought the V8 Fusion. It's good stuff every now and then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    He goes nuts first thing in the morning for his milk cup. I usually refill it twice and then he gets a cup before bed. Sometimes a random cup during the day. Juice and water the rest of the day.

• Options
    Our pedi suggested we keep it around 12oz max of milk per day - maybe because DS is on the small side and we are trying to encourage him to eat more solids. When we dropped his after nap milk he began to eat so much better. Now we have 4oz at wake up in the morning, 3-5oz right before his nap, and then 3-5oz right before bed. We give him water throughout the day and at meals. 

• Options
    We usually give milk with meals and water with snacks and throughout the day.

• Options

imageCMonkey515:

This.  

• Options
    imageDoctorWorm222:

imagepennysuedog:

Let it out, Penny!

I give juice too. Not even to make her poop -- because she likes it! I don't think a little OJ with breakfast is going to kill her. 

Yup, my DD gets one glass of juice with breakfast. She tends to be constipated otherwise. She gets milk with lunch and dinner although she tends to take her time drinking it, so she just sips all day long. When her cup of milk is done, then I give her water. 

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"