Cloth Diapering
Options

accidental detergent switch

I accidentally ordered a Hard Rock mix of Rockin' Green instead of the Classic like I normally use.  Our water isn't particularly hard or soft.  Would it be a bad idea to use the Hard Rock on my diaper laundry?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: accidental detergent switch

• Options

Do you know what kind of water you have?  The help section of Rockin' Green can help give you an idea if you give them your zip code.  I just purchased one of their test strips and tested the water right out of the washing machine.  (I have hard to very hard water, but I knew this already since my get wicked bad buildup in my hair instantly since we moved here.) 

I would suggest checking with the Guru or just ordering their test strip to check because the Hard Rock could be too strong for your water type.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I use Hard Rock for extremely hard water, but I know on the bag it just suggests to use less detergent if your water isn't hard.  I don't know from experience, but it seems like it would be fine if you just use less.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAuki13:
    I use Hard Rock for extremely hard water, but I know on the bag it just suggests to use less detergent if your water isn't hard.  I don't know from experience, but it seems like it would be fine if you just use less.

I didn't know this.  Good to know!

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
  • Options
    I'm not sure what it would do since your water is in the middle- but apparently I have soft water and I was using hard rock. I ended up with some serious build-up and leaking issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"