January 2013 Moms
Options

anyone still nursing constantly?

Is anyone still super cluster feeding during the day? I only get a longer break if we are out running errands and she falls asleep in her carseat, otherwise her naps are only 30 to 45 mins and she is eating almost hourly, maybe hour and a half for much of the middle if the day... How do you girls stretch that to 2 to 3 hours??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: anyone still nursing constantly?

• Options
    This is a new development for us actually.  She used to go 2.5 hrs between feedings.  Today we're only going 1 and half an hour to fall asleep.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! And DS is 7 1/2 weeks! He goes longer in between feedings when I give him pumped breast milk. I guess because he gets full faster. I'm so tired of feeding all the time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    During the day it's fairly constant still, at night every 3 hours.
  • Options
    are you sure shes hungry and not just tired and comfort nursing? try a pacifier
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine cluster feeds mostly in the evening but sleeps long stretches at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LO usually only clusters at night, but she has been going all.day.long. Thinking its the 5 week wonder week. She was an absolute angel yesterday. It must be confusing to be a baby!!
  • Options
    My DD used to do this. Then we introduced the pacifier. For some reason I was anti paci until my mom convinced me to give it a shot at about 5 weeks. Turns out, she just needed something to suck on. It helped us stretch out her feeding, which was good for my sanity and my poor boobs. 

• Options
    imagemreinke8289:
    This is a new development for us actually.nbsp; She used to go 2.5 hrs between feedings.nbsp; Today we're only going 1 and half an hour to fall asleep.

This is totally us too!!! Maybe something is in the air today!!!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Options

We got the MAAM's pacifier and it's like we have a different baby!

She loves it and has a HUGE suck drive...I was nursing her everytime she wanted and was resistant to use a pacifier, but she would just spit up everything after a while because she was over full - then she'd get the hiccups and reflux and blah blah blah...

I put a pacifier in her mouth when she gets fussy...and I can usually stretch a feeding out another 30-45 mins. I'm careful to not put it in her mouth just to keep her quiet though - it also helps her get rid of the hiccups!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"