Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Won't Eat

My 10 month old son will not eat.  Sometimes he will eat well but most times he won't eat and I can hear his little tummy growling.  I give him both solid and pureed foods because I'm paranoid of him choking but reading that it's normal so I will try more solids.  (My mom gives him more solids when she keeps him during the day than my husband and I)  I have tried to let him feed himself and all he does is throw the food all over the floor or smash it up in his hands.  Should we be worried that he doesn't want to eat?  What do you suggest we do to get him to eat all the time.  He has no problem with drinking formula from his sippy cup. HELP, I feel so bad when I hear his tummy.

Re: Won't Eat

• Options
    DD smashed foods at first, but would still eat them afterward. I would start with puffs. They are made for babies learning to self feed. I would start with sweet potato because my daughter loved sweet potato baby food. I would also try some of the purees in a pouch or putting solids in one of the mesh feeders. My daughter loves solids and feeding herself and hates being fed.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Has he always been this way, or was he a great eater and than turned "picky".  My daugter has always liked solid food (purees and pick up), but around 9ish months she became pickier with her eating.  She did not want me to spoon feed her, and would only eat specific things that were put on her plate (For a bit it was litterally only blueberries).  I realized that I was providing her with mostly single ingrediant foods- so I tried to kick it up and give her things with some more flavor.  This helped a lot.  I added parm cheese to veggies and graham cracker crumbs to banana pieces to make them easier for her to pick up with her fingers.  She likes her food to be a bit tastier (who wouldn't).  The doc suggested that I try this, and while it doesn't work all of the time- it does seem to work!  Just an idea!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Will he eat pouch food?

DD started refusing a spoon at 8.5 months and would only nurse or eat pouches. Needless to say, that got expensive quickly. A friend tipped us off to Sqooushies, they are reusable pouches, very simple! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"