LGBT Parenting
Options

what was your first symptom

I wanted to know what your first pregnancy symptom was and when you noticed the symptom. I know its too early for me. Just had by first iui on Sunday. Just interested in knowing.

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

Re: what was your first symptom

• Options

Well I was on Progesterone, which mimics pregnancy symptoms, and was also really good at imagining things.  But the first time that I REALLY sat up and said "Whoa, that was weird" was the following:

I had been visiting my family for my Dad's 80th birthday.  I had really REALLY been hoping to be able to share good news while there (though I knew it was a long shot, still only 10 days DPO) but the test I took that morning was a BFN.  It was time to leave, and some minor little thing happened that normally would have been no big deal.  Well, we said goodbye, got into the car, pulled out of the driveway and I BAWLED.  Convulsing sobs.  Not at ALL like me.  S and I looked at each other and were both freaked out about it.  We knew something was up.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    Very itchy and hot boobs and PMS-like cramping.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did IVF, and I got a BFP on a POAS on CD24, 10DPO if you counted that way. By the 4 week mark, my boobs were noticably bigger. I too was on progesteron and also estrogen, so I didn't take too much stock in it - however, I did have menstral-like cramps for the first 3 -4 weeks I knew I was KU'd. Also, I had some serious hormone headaches in that time period.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    My first symptom was actually feeling like I was going to start my period any second.  So I guess just cramping.  I was shocked when I got a BFP because of all the cramping I was having during my 2ww.  I guess it was just the boys snuggling in for the long haul!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    Any frequent bathroom trips? If so when did you notice that starting? Was told that the uterus expands and pushes on the bladder pretty early

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options

imagemhkd042206:
    My first symptom was actually feeling like I was going to start my period any second.  So I guess just cramping. 

This exactly. The meds I was on (clomid, then Femera) had made my cycles longer, so it was weird that I was having such intense PMS cramping so early (12dpo). So I took a test and it was positive.By week 4 I was pretty nauseous all the time. I was not on Progesterone pills until end of week 3.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"