Preemies

Sick all the time

My son is 8.5 mo (6.5 adjusted).  He started daycare 7 weeks ago and has been out more than he's been in.  It only took him two weeks in daycare to get RSV (even though he was getting the synagis shots), after that he came home with a cold which felt SO minor compared to what we went through with his RSV but he was miserable nontheless.  Now he has managed to pick up some sort of bacteria infection and has had diarrhea for 4 days.  I really just needed to vent...it is just frustrating to feel so helpless when he his sick.  Anyone else have daycare issues with their babies getting sick so much?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sick all the time

• my DS will be going to daycare in the middle of april at 10.5 months old... I'm DREADING this... I cry every time I think about sending him there... UGH I'm so sorry you are going through this! 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm sorry...that would scare me so much...our docs advised against day care until the girls are two just for that reason, so we have to hire a nanny instead. Hopefully your LO contines to fight thru this....their little immune systems just aren't quite ready for the 'real' world for quite some time. I know we'll go thru this same thing in due time one we get the green light to let the girls out there...it's probably true of any transition out of home into a child ridden environment. Hang in there, and thinking of you and your LO!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • All kids in day care get sick a lot  =(  Mine were always coming home with something. My son who was a preemie though would get it the worst. I ended up finding someone to watch him in their home. This way he was not exposed to so much. 

It doesn't get any better when they are school age either ... I know once school starts up were all going to catch something! I have 6 kids and someone is always bringing something home! My 9 yr old who was a 28 weeker used to catch things and get so sick he had to be hospitalized! 

My twins were born at 31 weeks and so far have only caught one cold.. thank god! The twins stay home with me though so they are not exposed to much. 

Good luck .. I know how frustrating it can get.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I just noticed my twins and your little one were born the same day!  =)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I'm having the same issues.  My baby has been in and out of the hospital for pneumonia, bronchitis, and asthma since he has been in the daycare now for 5 months now.  He just got his last set of synagis shots.  He is constantly sick and he just developed diarrhea and I feel so helpless. He even has a nagging cough that the doctor can't give anything for. I feel like I'm letting him down at times because there is nothing that I can do to help.  I'm tempting to try some of these old remedies that the older people keep telling me to try. I know exactly what you are going through.  My baby just turned 11 months(8 adjusted) on today.  I hope that your baby gets better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"