Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

bleach bath??

DS2 has sever eczema on his head, arms, and legs and overall dryness. We have tried so many different lotions that she finally prescribed him an ointment and gave us a few more ideas to try on him. But if it doesnt help then the last resort is to give him a bleach bath. Has anyone else had to do this for their little one? Did it help? Or should I just pass?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bleach bath??

• Options

Whaaaa????

No.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sounds like the WORST possible thing your could do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The way she explained was almost like giving your kid a bath in pool water. Its more water than bleach. But I am still very in easy about it.
  • Options

Personally I would pass unless the baby was extremely uncomfortable from the eczema, and it was a last resort. Please, please get the exact directions from a pedi if you choose to do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    do oatmeal baths help? I know Aveeno makes an oatmeal bath packet that you empty into the bath water. We've used it a few times on DD1 who had some dry patches but not actual disgnosed eczema so Im not sure if it would help or not.
  • Options
    Try rubbing extra virgin coconut oil on his skin and use the oatmeal bath. I have exzcema and its terrible. Install a humidifier on your heating system if possible and eliminate allergens. My exzcema was worse when we had a cat and I spent time with my mom who was then a smoker. 
  • Options
    My pedi had me try it with DD. I didn't notice a huge improvement. I do like using natural sea salt in her baths. I noticed a HUGE improvement in the summer when we would frequent the beach. I researched and sea salt is making for problem skin, I order it in bulk from Salt Works and pour some in each bath.
  • Options
    My friend was told to do it for her DD that has severe eczema and it went away after the first bath.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    Do you breast feed? You can use your breast milk as a lotion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was about to ask for ideas for my sons eczema because he just woke for the second time this week with blood covering his sheets from scratching his cheeks in his sleep. Vaseline and cortisone cream aren't helping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"