Health & Exercise
Options

Acne products

So, I know that almost everyone is saying to stay clear of certain acne products due to the potential risks, but I have cystic acne which is the worst of all acne and the only things that work for it are benzoyl peroxide and Tazorac. I been treated for it two separate times with oral antibiotics and the above topicals. Has anyone experienced any good (and "safe") products that clear up cystic acne?

Re: Acne products

• Options
    I've discussed this thoroughly with my OB - stay away from the Tazorac! (which I'm sure you know). I'm a retinol user and skincare junky (I also work in the industry) so it's been tough to stop! You can use a Glycolic cream or serum and an oil free moisturizer with anti-bacterial ingredients. Check to see if your derm sells product or ask for a product line recommendation since they know your skin.
  • Options

Have you tried a simple strawberry and yoghurt regimen? It is totally safe for use during pregnancy and works wonders with acne, even cystic acne. Start with plain yoghurt to cleanse the skin, just as you would with a cream cleanser. You don't have to rub. Just lay it on the skin and wait 1-2 mins before gently massaging it off with cool water. Next, swipe the skin with a cut strawberry, or as many of them as you need to get a nice "bloody mary" look going. Let the juice dry fully. I do not recommend smashing the fruit on the skin. I just eat the strawberry after I use up the juice. 

If your skin is sensitive, rinse after about 20-30 mins. If your skin is really broken out or oily, sleep with the strawberry mask. Rinse with cool water and pat or air dry. Repeat as often as you need to. This regimen can be done every day.  

The yoghurt is naturally exfoliant and antibacterial. Strawberries have natural salicylic acid, folic acid and vitamin C for renewing and healing skin. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehappywife2b:

Have you tried a simple strawberry and yoghurt regimen? It is totally safe for use during pregnancy and works wonders with acne, even cystic acne. Start with plain yoghurt to cleanse the skin, just as you would with a cream cleanser. You don't have to rub. Just lay it on the skin and wait 1-2 mins before gently massaging it off with cool water. Next, swipe the skin with a cut strawberry, or as many of them as you need to get a nice "bloody mary" look going. Let the juice dry fully. I do not recommend smashing the fruit on the skin. I just eat the strawberry after I use up the juice. 

If your skin is sensitive, rinse after about 20-30 mins. If your skin is really broken out or oily, sleep with the strawberry mask. Rinse with cool water and pat or air dry. Repeat as often as you need to. This regimen can be done every day.  

The yoghurt is naturally exfoliant and antibacterial. Strawberries have natural salicylic acid, folic acid and vitamin C for renewing and healing skin. 

Cystic acne goes deeper than most acne so most topical treatments dont work but hey it might be worth a try?

I had cystic acne pre pregnancy and pregnancy has been good to me and cleared my face up. The only other time i was this clear was when i was on bcp so mine must be hormone related. If aynthing i thought i would get worse, esp since im having a girl. You can still have injections - those seem to be the only things that work for me on the rare occassion i get a cystic pimple. Finacea also is safe to use during pregnancy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"