Food Allergy

Just found out I'll be joining you...

Took my 1mo old DS to pedi last Friday to check on his coughing, sneezing and overall extreme gassiness and fussiness and she told me after checking his mucousy stool that these are all possible symptoms of a milk protein allergy or sensitivity (which I already suspected after reading about this in Baby 411). Since there has been no blood in his stool I'm hoping that it's just a sensitivity and that he'll outgrow it at some point but for now I'm dairy-free going on 4days now and anxious to see positive results. I know i have a long road ahead but i'm looking forward to the advice and support from you all. TIA!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just found out I'll be joining you...

• Welcome! Sorry to hear about your son's MPI. My son was also diagnosed with a MPI about a few weeks ago. BFing unfortunately did not work out for us, so they have him on an amino-acid based formula. It's been tough, but I can already tell he feels so much better. Best of luck to you! Just know that it can take weeks for all traces of dairy to be out of your system, so it may take a while to see improvement with your son's symptoms. But hopefully in a few weeks, your son will be feeling much better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"