Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

BABY SIGN LANGUAGE

When is is appropriate to start exposing LO to baby sign language?  I am very interested in this.  Can anyone recommend a good book.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: BABY SIGN LANGUAGE

• Options
    You can start right away, we already sign to our son and our daughter signs to him as well. I personally would just start with the basic signs Milk, More, Please, All Done, Mom, Dad and maybe Thank you. Than as you want to expand their signs you can start to look for books. I eventually moved to actual ASL books (not sign language books)
    image image
  • Options
    We sign now for milk and thank you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do some signing, but I forget to do it on a regular basis.  We work on milk, mom, eat, more, book, and dad.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    I don't do it on a daily basis either. I'll just sign "all done" when we're done changing his diaper though, just without thinking about it. I also tried to do "more" and "please". I think the fewer you start with, the faster they learn them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With ds1 we did more and all done.  It was really helpfully.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Daycare does it in the infant room so as early as possible just like any other form of language.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I already sign with him, but it's obviously too early for him to sign back. I figure I might as well get in the habit myself. The book I have is "Teach Your baby To Sign" by Monica Beyer. I like it.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"