Success after IF

On my own...and nervous.

Ugh, DH leaves in about an hour for a three day work conference. It is in town, but he has to stay overnight. We had originally planned for J and myself to go and stay with him, but when he got the conference schedule and realized he would be busy until at least 10pm each night it didn't seem worth the effort. 

Im nervous. I count on him to make sure I eat dinner if J is super fussy. He also watches J when I teach my fitness classes Tuesday and Thursday morning and evening. I got permission to bring her to my class, but it is right before her bedtime and I'm thinking she will be tired and crabby.  I count on him for my sanity. I know that at worse case scenario, he could be home in 20min.

There is really no point to this post. Time to put on my big girl panties. 

TTC Since 3/2010
Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

Re: On my own...and nervous.

• :(  I hate it when DH is away, too.  If you aren't too busy taking care of your LO, maybe you could do something you don't normally do for yourself like rent a good girlie movie he doesn't normally like to watch or read a book to pass the time.  My DH works alot of Saturdays and I usually use those to watch movies I know he has no interest in seeing.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I totally get it.  There are times when Chris is gone and it's just so overwhelming.  My mind races with the thoughts of getting the kids in and out of the car, into the house, getting them dinner ready, etc etc etc.  I will say this though, typically the build up is much worse than the reality.  And, when things go well it does make me feel more empowered as a mom, like hey, I really can do this all by myself (even though I never want to!)

Good luck!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • You can do it! And order in food if you need to or call a friend over to cuddle.
  • Oh, it's so hard parenting solo!  But you can do this.  Take all the easy ways out, order in or drive through if you need to.  Don't worry about dishes or laundry or anything.  Just take care of you and J.  Do you babywear?  Maybe you could wear J while you teach your class?  I don't know what kind of fitness class it is, but she might enjoy the movement.  Good luck, and we're here if you need us!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • The first time you go it alone is always the scariest.  Just remind yourself that, even if things don't go great -- baby is fussy, over-tired, screaming the whole time, whatever -- you'll both survive and be fine!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No fun! It's not quite the same, but DH has been sick for a week, so I've been doing most everything by myself. The swing has been my best friend. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No advice, as DH's first post babies trip is still a couple of weeks away, but I wanted to say good luck! I'm terrified, so I know how you feel!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• imageitsmevkb:

I will say this though, typically the build up is much worse than the reality.  And, when things go well it does make me feel more empowered as a mom, like hey, I really can do this all by myself (even though I never want to!)

Good luck!

Took the words right outta my mouth ... or fingers in this case ;)  

Treat yourself to some yummy takeout instead of cooking, bring toys for her to play with while you're teaching your class - food always works as a great distraction for my kids (can't remember how little your LO is though ... on phone can't see siggy).  Just try not to stress!  You will do great.   

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• It's tough, but I'm sure you will be able to handle it with flying colors!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Thanks everyone! I think the anxiety and build up is worse than it actually will be. I'm very fortunate that my parents live about 15min away and my dad is retired.  

I teach adult swim fitness classes, think swim team for grown ups. I plan to baby wear her and coach from the deck. 

Thanks for the advice on takeout/delivery. It is almost noon and all I've had it coffee and water as J is in poor humor. Thank goodness DH walked the pooch before he left, otherwise we would all be in a bad mood. 

I guess I better get into a groove since DH has a work trip in two weeks and he is doing a fun guys trip to Georgia in a month to go to the Masters.  

TTC Since 3/2010
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

• imagekaf7:
    call a friend over to cuddle.

Lol! Perfect! Who needs DH anyway? 

You are getting super close to your due date! Are you ready? You are going to do awesome! 

TTC Since 3/2010

• I remember the first time that DH traveled after DS was born. I had the same concerns as you! How would I eat? How would I take a shower? It isn't easy, but you will figure it out. Maybe you can have someone come help at dinner time so you are sure you can eat. You can do it! Good luck, and let us know if you need a pep talk along the way. :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"