Special Needs

Re opening IEP to add PT?

We're going to "baby group" tomorrow at the recommendation of Lauren's EI teacher. Now that Lauren is a year old and not hearing weight on her legs she's probably "delayed enough" to receive PT.

Will we most likely have to re open the IEP to add another service? Her teacher said no but I question that.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Re opening IEP to add PT?

• We get PT, OT, ST, and have a dietician. We added each one at a time. We had another evaluation and a meeting to sign paperwork. It took a lot less time to add services than it did to get started. I just contacted my service coordinator.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have to have a team meeting to add services to our IFSP.
    Anniversary Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would just ask for a PT eval through EI and then go from there.
  • So we went today and I thought that Lauren woudn't be getting PT. The PT we saw just said that Lauren wasn't interested in standing. It was crazy though and they had way more babies than usual.

We had our EI home visit later today and it looks like Lauren IS being added to the PT caseload! Her teacher said it just needs to be added to the IFSP. I forgot to ask how/when though. If they don't call me I'll just ask next week. I'm honestly in no rush.

Lauren, of course, was a total stinker for the eval/baby group! She barely even smiled! She looked at her EI teacher like she was a total stranger. I think it was the new environment.

I remember seeing my teacher at the grocery store when I was little and was shocked! I think it was kind of the same thing because Lauren was a rock star for her home visit today

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"