December 2010 Moms
Options

Whispering tots?

So we have noticed the last few weeks that A whispers to himself around nap and bedtime when he is by himself as he is falling asleep or when he first wakes. We can't really make out what he is saying. At first we thought he was reading his books to himself but he has done it at night a few times when we forget to turn on his sound lullaby dog. Kinda creepy sounding over the baby monitor lol. DH thinks he has an imaginary friend but must be one that is only in the bedroom... Since he never whispers any other time.
Just a random quirk....any other whisperers out there?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Whispering tots?

• Options
    Oh please don't suggest ghosts that would freak me out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    T does it sometimes, but I think it's more when he's trying to put a thought together or when he's playing (his animals whisper to each other, he tells his tools what to do, etc.). He also does it if he's being shy.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

E does this too if hes thinking through something.  It's like he's talking to himself, but he doesn't get that he can just talk in his head?  Must be some part of the developmental process....

• Options
    J whispers a lot lately. Most of the time it is when he is playing. Sometimes he'll whisper to us. I think it is normal at this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    K whispers whenever she really wants something. Like if we tell her no on something she asks again in a whisper like if she says it all cute and quite we will give in lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Options
    I don't think Noah knows what whispering means :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

J whispers at different times.

He mainly whispers when the "good night song" at Disney Junior is done - and then he whispers "Let's brush teeth" and starts whisper-sing the "teeth brushing song". 

Also he would whisper if there are more people around the dinner table than him and me - then he leans towards me and "gossip" :P

<3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    DS sometimes whispers to DH and I when he's asking for something. I have no idea why, but it's kind of cute.
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    She whispers from time to time and it's really hard to understand her!!  She also often does it at night when the parent who isn't reading her bedtime stories leaves the room. She says "Good night I love you." in a tiny little rushed whisper.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"