Food Allergy
Options

Egg Free Breakfast Ideas - Help!

Forgive me if someone has posted this recently, but I'm in a rut and need some inspiration!!! My son is allergic to eggs, peanuts and tree nuts and I find that breakfast is always the hardest to think up. Typically he gets cottage cheese and applesauce or oatmeal with bannanas and cinnamon with little snacks of cut up fruit and cheerios on the side but I want to expand his horizons! Any ideas? TIA!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Egg Free Breakfast Ideas - Help!

• Options

cream of wheat or rice --can add chocolate to it or even some jam of different flavor

waffles--they have a brand called VANS that I love--they are egg free or you can even get gluten free, egg free and dairy free.  They are awesome.  I like the blueberry ones.

I believe that there is a pancake mix (aka as waffle mix too)--that doesn't have eggs.  Is it Krustaez??  I can't remember.  Have you checked all of the boxes?

Different cereals--cheerios of course is a great starter

yogurt --so many flavors--try to stick with greek style because of it's health benefits.

of course turkey sausage all cut up is a nice treat

english muffins I "think" don't have eggs

• Options
    Thanks so much! I'll have to check out the VANS waffles, those sound great. I've really wanted to give him pancakes/waffles but I always make them from scratch and of course they have eggs in them. He does get yogurt all the time, but typically it's for lunch as a treat at the end. Maybe I'll switch it to breakfast :-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

oatmeal, bread and hummus. think outside of 'breakfast' foods. why can't he eat dinner foods for breakfast?

turkey/ham/cheese sandwiches, creamcheese & cucumber or strawberry sandwiches, curry, quesadilla with veggies and beans, leftovers from last night... 

eta, sorry i missed the 'oatmeal' part of your OP.  

cucumber and cream cheese sounds delicious for those that don't have a dairy allergy--- great ideas in here.

• Options
    We do a lot of cereal, bagel & butter, fresh fruit, matzo and butter, yogurt, vans waffles, homemade egg free pancakes & muffins. (I use the egg replacer substitute OR flax seed egg equivalent). I actually have to replenish my freezer staff this weekend. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options

pancakes.. i make sweet potato pancakes.. white box bisquick pancake mixture. It calls for an egg, but you just avoid it. I don't even use a replacer anymore. There really is no need for an egg in that mixture.  tastes delish without it.

Granolla.. i forgot the brand, but there is a granolla that my son (allergic to milk/soy/eggs/peanuts/tree nuts) loves. it's a whole foods and other health food stores. 

Bagles.. toast.. with butter/jelly/sunbutter

yogurt

porridge.. rice with brown sugar and cinnamon

Crapes.. my blog has a recipe for egg free crapes. you can put bananas/jelly/sunbutter in them

Smoothies

• Options
    You can substitute banana in many recipes for egg too.  We use a half of a very ripe banana in the GF Bisquick mix and it's delicious.  No egg needed. :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

So many awesome ideas! Thanks SO much! I can't wait to use banana as an egg replacement in pancakes, that sounds fantastic. And the cucumber/cream cheese or strawberry/cream cheese sandwhiches I'm sure will be a huge hit with him! Smile

Sorry I didn't get to thank you all sooner, little dude developed a 103 degree fever, cold chills and the whole shabang last night so I've been a busy lady trying to keep it under control before we can get to the doctor :-( I hate germs....

• Options

Bisquick Pancake Mix is the only kind that doesn't have any trace of eggs in it... so I use that and applesauce as an egg-substitute... make a HUGE batch and freeze them... then microwave for 20 seconds as needed!!!  DELISH!  Add some sausage on the side...

I also do yogurt and fruit with a "Lender's" Bagel (with either butter or cream cheese).

DH usually gives him "cheese bread"- broil a piece of bread with cheese on it, then add some cinnamon on top afterwards. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"